Just an acknowledgement. Try 'Good Morning'. The same words are not always required repeated back.
Be congenial. If he asks then you tell him your mind was on your 'current project' and he broke your concentration. He cannot fire you for not saying hello!
If it were me, and I didn't like the person I'd give a brief smile and nod of my head.

Best Answer

just tell him the truth

Best Answer

He probably likes you, very much, and is afraid of violating federal law, by letting you know, his shyness is from his fear of a Lawsuit. Don't spurn him, great him with a smile, and maybe a complement. No law against that. And, it may crack his Ice Cube, to a smile, in return.

Best Answer

You could try the truth..... sometimes it works really well.

Best Answer

I already did. It failed.

Best Answer

You already told him you didn't like the way he treated you?
.... how did you say it, how did he respond?

Best Answer

Say you have been really focused on your work. Cheers

Best Answer

You could say that you felt he didn't want you to (which is one explanation for his behaviour). It might make him examine his behaviour a bit, and it also shifts the focus away from it being something you did wrong.

Best Answer