I guess I kinda want to know if he likes me too. This is not the normal jump off. We talk about any and everthing until the wee hrs of the morning....he holds me after our 'episodes'. I cook for him...he shops for me. I think we just messed up the whole idea of 'benefits' ....we added strings. :-( Could it be that he is just a sensitive guy but doesnt like me like that?
Mimi76 Mimi76 31-35, F 8 Answers May 13, 2012

I think Avunde said the right thing with talking to him about it. Modern FWB relationships can come and go... its the whole no-strings-attached safety net. However, when you do find someone that you've realized you have feelings for... it is also time to step back and assess yourself. How self-confident are you? How ready are you to have a more serious relationship (financially, but also in context with everything else going on in your life, family, friends, etc...). Are you ready to have the deeper commitment and extensive communications about thoughts, goals, feelings, etc... with THIS guy? Maybe you should take your time, go slow and give yourself both time and room to back off if you realize he ISNT the right one for you, too---consider that.<br />
You do need to spend time talking with him about the same things/questions you asked in your initial post. Work to explore your feelings internally, but also what his feelings are (and their depth/sincerity), too. Explore things ob<x>jectively. Talk with others, both in and outside of your relationship with him to see what their 'take' on him is.

Best Answer

thank you. No, i am not ready to enter into a relationship and neither is he. That is why we decided to do this. But we have this crazy connection!

Best Answer

GOOD for you!!

Best Answer

tell him then leave

Best Answer

It sounds as if you both lied to yourselves in the beginning. The good news is that you seem to be happy together. Might even bet that he feels about the same as you do. You can probably drop the FWB thing and be just fine as a real couple.

Best Answer

Yeah we totally lied to ourselves. We stay up all night just talking and holding each other...its nuts!

Best Answer

I think it's okay to say you are a pair and let others figure out that FWB is not a good idea.

Best Answer

Oh, and it is good to be happy, isn't it.

Best Answer

yes it is good to be happy. I just dont want to have an intimate relationship with someone that just regards it as sex while im over here falling deeply, madly purely in love all by myself.

Best Answer

Fair enough, but it does not sound that way.

Best Answer

i think you like each other, stay together, go for it, i wish this would happen between me and her, best not get the old hopes up

Best Answer

I would tell him and see where it goes from there. At least you will be being honest. Don't forget you are human. If he gets pissed about it he is an idiot. Let the chips fall where they may.

Best Answer