This is my first time getting into trouble like this and I was terrified of what was going to happen. So my neighbor told me to lie and tell my PO i lived with her and that I worked for her since she had her own cleaning business. I'm four months into my probation term and all these lies are killing me inside. I want to come clean today, but I am terrified of what will happen to me. I am sooo scared, please help me and let me know what is best for me to do.
esingleton2008 esingleton2008 18-21 16 Answers Feb 9, 2009

Maybe you are going to be one of those "repeat offenders" we hear so much about. Keep lying and you'll find yourself not worrying about where to live. The state will take care of that for you, and they'll choose your neighbors too.<br />
Find a lawyer and talk to them before talking to your PO.<br />
And stop lying. Let this be a learning and growth experience for you.

Best Answer

Could you move in with your friend and ask if there is a job going?

Best Answer

ok don't lie. but if you already have been (like you said) do not tell them the truth. <br />
Here is the deal. There are many different kinds of probation if you are on court probation they usually do not check your home and work. If you are on probation after parole they might look into it. If she is willing to back you up then you can do the following. Move and get a job. then tell them you moved and got a new job and start off honest. its a catch 22.<br />
coming clean after not telling them the truth is another fault of your character and another reason to put you in jail. deal with your lie now and try to change it. but don't go on some holy truth telling rampage and land in jail.<br />
I was going to go to jail because I couldn't find a job (violation of my probation) so a good friend of mine said he hired me as an assistant. I told them he backed it up I shredded some papers made $10 a week until I found a job quit and told them the new job. <br />
good luck to ya

Best Answer

I hate to have to tell you this, but if you come clean now, you will go to jail for violating your parole. The only other option is to get a job and tell your parole officer that you decided to move out. Of course, this will only work if you actualy get a job and move.

Best Answer

I understand completely what this person is going thru...........if you tell the prob officer you are working, they tell your job and they tell your job what you are on prob for.......so what is the sense in getting a job because once they find out you would be fired..........too many people not on probation for anything looking for work tht they don't have to worry about you..........same thing happened to me ........have never done anything wrong in my life and in fact did not do this either but made a mistake and got private attny.........I had paper proof that physically put me elsewhere than where the stuff was commited but did not have the money to go to trial . once you get a private attny , you cannot ask for public defender..........I feel for you as I also am not dishonest but it is amost like they are trying to get you to be............depending on how long your prob is, I would leave things the way they are.........all pay stub ver is will make sure they do not visit you at job.........your job will still know you are on prob and why............system sucks...............

Best Answer

Yeah, seems to me the best thing you can do at this stage is find a place of your own and a real job. Once you have done that you can give the P.O. your new info and hope that the past deception is never discovered.<br />
Good luck to you, I hope you can work it out.

Best Answer

You have to do what you feel inside is best to do. Sometimes, regardless of the consequenses. I don't know how you got to where you are but is it going to get better for you by doing this? Or will it get better inside of you by doing whatever you decide?

Best Answer

I like Rusted's advice. Talk to a lawyer and get advice from someone who knows the law and the ramifications. You shouldn't have to be punished for wanting to tell the truth.<br />
Isn't that what probation is supposed to be all about?

Best Answer

Well...the damage has been done...If your neighbor is someone you can trust to keep the lie straight, I sure wouldn't tell the P.O.....<br />
If you feel that bad about the lie, then go get a job, and move into your own place, and notify your probation officer of the change. Other wise, you commited another crime, when you lied to a court official.<br />
Maybe ask the friend if you could actually move in with her, and if she has a job opening, then it's all true?

Best Answer

Either way i think you are screwed

Best Answer

having been on probation for 3 years on a five year probation i can tell you that lying is not a good thing as .90% of all probationers lie about one thing or another .i always try to be honest,but there are times when i also avoid the truth.i do not break the law,and for the most part am on the up and up.makes it easier.report for probation every two months,and nervous every time even though i have not done a thing wrong.system sucks,when you get tied up in it.i would not go back and admit a lie to your probation officer.there job is to uphold the law

Best Answer

Dude

Best Answer

DONT lie to your p.o half of the time they already know. Some just wait and build a case against you until u **** up big tyme. And if ur going to lie make sure u keep a paper trail and not what just comes out mouth and I wouldn't tell them u been lying because they will never trust you

Best Answer