I live near Antarctica as being down there, freeze my feet, then people who living near the Arctic, being up there, I guess they froze his head.

Best Answer

What???

Best Answer

Antarctica is much colder then the Arctic. <br />
You live in southern Chile or southern Argentina?

Best Answer

Southern Chile, Wollaston island.

Best Answer

Wow your not kidding. you really do live close to Antarctica. You must experiance some powerful winds there and storms. What do you do on that island? How do people make a living on it?

Best Answer

front and south of the Island wollaston, there are the Cape Horn, where is the last lighthouse in the world, occasionally i crossed sailing when the weather allows and share with the only family there to here, family lighthouse man, in Wollaston no one but me and my dog​​, and yes, there are big storms and winds reaching 250 km. per hour.

Best Answer

You must be a strong person to stand living in such a hard environement.

What do you eat? how do you earn money? are you a governement emplyee a caretaker of the island. I found the island on google earth and looked at some of the pictures.

Best Answer

That's right, it's a tough place to live, but not in my plans to spend my life here, I'm just a matter of taste for adventure, live alone and depend on what hunting and fishing to survive, there is no store here, just depends on what you get in the place, no work here, I am not government employee, just an adventurer

Best Answer

How long do you think you can live there without earning money to pay for things like the internet and power? You must have a generator.. Is it wind powered? How do you keep warm. I don't think any trees survive that far south.

Best Answer

Here the truth that does not need the money because there is nothing to buy, the internet i take it from the wi fi of the Lighthouse Cape Horn, but is something that is not permanent and the signal comes and goes, here it is not practical a generator by fuel problem, so I use aeolian and solar systems in small size, but enough to charge the battery of the laptop and some light for a short time.
There are heavily wooded areas, which are in protected valleys of the wind, but can not be cut by here is a national park, so in approved areas, you can cut bushes and weeds, to make fire for cooking and heating in winter temperatures arrive almost 30 degrees below zero and sometimes even lower

Best Answer

So do you maintain the lighthouse? Is the lighthouse working well. So you brun wood to keep warm?

Best Answer