in the year 2006 i got myself admitted to dentistry and by 2011 i should have finished my internship. During my first year itself i lost my focus and i mistook my self developed musical ability (which was a result of lack of self discipline) as another career option. Slowly i started drifting away from my main field (dentistry) and began concentrating only on improving my music (flute and guitar). Today, its almost the end of 2012 and i am still stuck up in my final phase. I find myself in a situation where I have lost my grip on my 1st, 2nd and 3rd year's concepts and in my final phase (4th year) i am finding it very difficult to grasp things quickly. I do not want to be a musician holding a guitar or blowing a flute. I wanna be a successful dentist. How do i focus in my mainstream? I feel like giving up when I do not understand a concept.
drkailashrathi drkailashrathi 22-25, M 6 Answers Dec 29, 2012 in Self Improvement

Try EMDR therapy. Fast, effective and your truth will come out.

Best Answer

Perhaps you don't really want to become a DDS any longer? and are just going through the motions?

Best Answer

no way.. i chose this and i want to be. i find that i am not able to cope up mentally.

Best Answer

Just do it. Your actions in the next few weeks are crucial. Commit yourself to "kicking" it in...you can pick up hobbies when you're a practicing DDS or DMD.

Best Answer

go see a therapist<br />
something is blocking you<br />
............ maybe even self sabotage... which is impossible to see on your own.<br />
i recommend person-centred for understanding and actualising your abilities

Best Answer

yes.. forgot to mention, i got separated from my love a year and a half ago because of my mistake.

Best Answer

ah, put it where you were not supposed to..... or forgot to put it where you should. okay, maybe you are grieving for what might have been.... a therapist will help....are you brave and courageous to accept it? most UK universities have counselling services.... don't know about elsewhere.

Best Answer

courage? i donno!!

Best Answer

walking in is the hardest bit, i still remember my first time.... looking back i wonder why i was so scared - i think it was about being honest with myself.

Best Answer

Become a dentist to the musicians.

Best Answer

Report it stolen... but it a popular car soooo :-P

Best Answer