moocow2oo moocow2oo 26-30, M 20 Answers Feb 28, 2012

the truth and with an explanation as to what it meant to you and how it has changed your life, be inspiring rather then ashamed and hidden.

Best Answer

I have never thought of it that way. THANK YOU! =)

Best Answer

I hope it helps. An employer who reads it and hires you will be a great employer, an employer who reads it and doesn't probably wouldn't be a good employer anyway. I have no real Idea, but It' has to be a very hard nut to crack when you have been incarcerated and you have to find a job. I wish you much success with your new life!

Best Answer

in reading what other say, it might be beneficial if you don't disclose it in the application in detail other then leaving that time blank or use an unexpected sabbatical. And when asked the question at an interview be honest.

Best Answer

"I left my job in the name of justice."

Best Answer

LMFAO that is EPIC!!! Thanks!!!

Best Answer

That "IS" funny!!

Best Answer

Resigned due to unavoidable clashes in moral standing.

Best Answer

Personal reasons. mind you if asked in an interview, be honest.<br />
there are very few, but some like me check and if your honest you've still got a shot, you lie, and there is no chance

Best Answer

you were having a 'Career break'

Best Answer

Took some time off to Travel and technically you were traveling ...all the way to jail

Best Answer

Don't put that job on your application.. It's the only way man.

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

Be honest, say what you did and what the consequences of your actions were; not just for yourself but for your victim(s), their families, your own families and friends...its called the ripple effect. Go on to say how you turned your life around and talk about what you learned in prison, how you addressed your offending behaviour and how it gave you the chance to sort your life out and start again. Hope that helps.

Best Answer

You say it was MANY years ... perhaps you can exclude it from your application .....

Best Answer

Say you got fired over attendance issues from a health issue you had but is no longer a problem (i.e migraine headaches but now your on imetrex or you figured out what was causing them and you no longer have them.) the fact that it was years ago works in your favor but any company that runs a background check will catch it. Good luck

Best Answer

I don't know but you better think up a good one. They always want to know about lapses in employment. Why you weren't working. At least where I live, there are so many people out of work that they are super picky. I was fired in July 2011 for not meeting a sales quota after working there 2 years. They want to know all about this, and I think this is a big part of the reason I don't get hired.

Best Answer

I would admit to it and write what I was incarcerated for. That way it's out on the table. If they find out later on, you could lose the job anyway. <br />
I think that is what I'd do, but it's really hard to say since I've never been in that situation. It's easy to say, "Be honest", but I think it would depend a bit on the job and who the managers are. Some managers would be fine with giving someone a second chance, especially if the jail time was years ago and not for something severe.

Best Answer

I'd just leave that job off, especially if it was years ago.... but whatever you do, don't lie if you're directly asked about it.

Best Answer