Seriously people, open your damn eyes. Nobody there has ever gotten a fair trial or a chance to defend themselves. All we know is what the government tells us, and that's most certainly not enough to go off of.
TheRose202 TheRose202 18-21, F 12 Answers Jun 9, 2014 in Politics

It's a frickin war! Taliban and Al Qada are BAD people who need to disappear. It's this kind of sissy attitude that is making this country the laughing stock of the world. People need to grow a pair and wake up and smell the coffee. There are bad people in the world that need to be stopped. These people that you are defending think of you as livestock and more unclean than dirt.

Best Answer

As far as you've been told. That's all I really even need to say.

Best Answer

No guess work no speculation. These are bad people. Relativism is destructive to national security.

Best Answer

Yes, the asker strongly believes unreliable sources.

Best Answer

Let me ask you. Can you say, beyond a reasonable doubt, that these people -- every single one of the thousands in Guantanamo Bay -- are terrorists? If not, then the fact that any are being held there is a travesty of justice until they are all tried for crimes against humanity. Just like Hitler was, just like Saddam Husein was. If they tried them, what's to stop them from trying Guantanamo Bay detainees?

Best Answer

They are prisoners of war. We are at war with Islamofascism. If we try to stop fighting Islamofascism, Islamofascism will continue fighting us. If we refuse to fight back we are complete idiots and no longer deserve a country. PS- tHERE ARE ONLY 149 DETAINEES IN GUANTANAMO. YOU NEED TO READ UP ON WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Best Answer

Ugh, hundreds then. Either way, it's ****** up what's done to them. And how hard could it be to try 149 people? I'm not asking that they ******* swing the doors open and throw them at cowering conservatives to thin the herd, I'm asking that they be tried for what they're being accused of.

Best Answer

Sorry for yelling! These people that you are defending consider you nothing but a potential possession unworthy of an education and more unclean than dirt. ( I know I said this before...) You need to read up on the Taliban's twisted version of Islam. You need to start keeping track of incidents like the beheading of 17 people for singing and dancing or the three teenage girls for allegedly playing with themselves, or any other number of DAILY atrocities committed by these and other Islamofascists.

Best Answer

On any given day of any given month of any given year of any given decade you can check the last 3 days of Islamofascist activity and find something like thisl
2014.06.09 (Tuz Khormato, Iraq) - A suicide bomber massacres twenty-two innocents.
2014.06.08 (Taftan, Pakistan) - Nine women and a child are among thirty Shia pilgrims brutally murdered during a suicide attack by Jaish al-Islam on their hotel.
2014.06.08 (Karachi, Pakistan) - A suicide assault at an airport by ten pro-Sharia Fedayeen leaves eighteen others dead.
2014.06.07 (Mosul, Iraq) - Twenty-one local cops are kidnapped and executed by ISIL fundamentalists.
2014.06.06 (Kabul, Afghanistan) - Six people at a political rally are turned into paste by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.
2014.06.04 (Hillah, Iraq) - Jihadis bomb a hospital, killing mostly medical students.

Best Answer

And that's terrible, but you're evading the topic. Can you say, beyond any reasonable doubt, that every single prisoner who is, or who ever has been, interred at Guantanamo Bay is part of this religious oppression?

Best Answer

can you say that they are not? blindly believing liars is not a method of learning the truth. Rose202 strongly wants to believe liars. She is making a career of this rant. It would be removed on yahoo Answers, and it should be anywhere. Preaching false "gao pei" is an abuse of any forum of this type.

Best Answer

I believe them before I believe you.

Best Answer

So you're gonna tell me the US government hasn't repeatedly lied to its citizens? Or do you just trust them anyway?

Best Answer

Yes, Rose and her sources have zero credibility.

Best Answer

Based on past experiences in the government. They lied about the Japanese Internment camps as well, which I see as quite similar to Guantanamo, except that they weren't literally tortured. The government knowingly withheld important evidence in the Supremem Court case Korematsu v. United States. That's just one example, but it speaks volumes. They can justify any evil for the sake of "national security".

Best Answer

I don't trust the Prez Obama and he wants everyone at Gitmo released , no matter what, like you.

Best Answer

I don't want them all released. I want them to all go on trial so that they can be proven guilty or not guilty of what they're accused of.

Best Answer

Wow , comparing the Japanese Internment camps to Guantanamo. How does interning whole families of a certain ethnic background compare to holding "enemy combatants " at Guantanamo ? Get the facts straight. Nuff said I'm outta here !

Best Answer

Enemy combatants? How the **** do you know they're even combatants? They could be people from the streets of Pakistan for all we know, who were doing nothing but walking in the wrong place at the wrong time. Half of the people at Guantamamo could be innocent and we would never even know, because they don't get a trial.

Best Answer

Cussing ? How unladylike . If I offended you .....my apology .As far as guilt or not it works both ways. I would rather err in caution than take a chance in death if I'm wrong. My opinion, be it right or wrong.

Best Answer

"Ladylike" and "manly" are two entirely meaningless words given weight by stereotyping and generalising within our society. In other words, you're right, I am very unladylike :P

And what if we erred on the side of caution with everyone who's ever been accused of killing someone in the US? That would be a travesty of justice, so what makes this different?

Best Answer

There is solid evidence, WE just aren't privey to it. Do not be so nieve as to actually believe the liberal spin in the "news". BTW don't believe the conservative spin either.

Best Answer

They've never gotten a chance to defend themselves, though. No right to a fair trial, and simply because they're not from our country. If an American citizen got the same treatment people would be outraged.

Best Answer

Americans have been similarly treated in forign lands. The government does nothing because they have a sovergn right to do so. Gitmo detainees are prisoners of war. They were combattants in a war that the enemy had no uniforms, therefore, all are combatents.

Best Answer

Doesn't matter. All humans should have the same rights. The fact that our government doesn't uphold the rights this country claims to love so much says something.

Best Answer

Soldiers caught on a battlefield do not have the same rights as someone robbing a 7 11. They can be held until the war is over with.

Best Answer

Kool-Aid always taste good for the "I hate war" crowd. But the fact of life remains that bad people (from all sides) invade other lands for a myraid of reasons other than the animalistic (biologic) reason of food, territory or sex. In such an instance everyone has to be ready and willing to kill, imprison, detain, or annihilate the agressor. Disagree for the POLITICAL reasons we are involved, but not in the methods of warfare.

Best Answer

I'm disagreeing for the humanist reasons. It would be one thing if we were simply detaining them. But we're not. They live in horrid conditions and are tortured and force-fed on a regular basis. That's ****** up.

Best Answer

Also, it would be different if they were tried for war crimes and found guilty, but they aren't even tried. "Innocent until proven guilty" should apply to everyone, not just Americans. To think otherwise is arrogant and self-centered.

Best Answer

Oh, and one last thing. How the hells are they the aggressor? We invaded their lands. We were the ones who gave them the weapons with which they now fight, actually. And yet we try and take the moral high ground saying we're paragons of freedom and democracy. It's bullshit, especially when there are men held at GTMO that completely do not belong there.

Best Answer

Well people do not want to admit that 9-11 was a terrorist attack on America. So it goes.

Best Answer

Give me a break. What tortured? Allowed to play soccer? Work out in a gym? Feed them food THEY want?

Best Answer

I never assume anything I hear on the news is all there is to the story. I know there's the media's take on it, and there's the investigator's take on it. But the full and complete truth does not come out immediately.

Best Answer

I can almost guarantee that this will be looked back at by people in the future as super ****** up. Just like the Japanese Internment camps in WWII.

Best Answer

there are many dark stains in the history of mankind already; this won't be the last unfortunately.

Best Answer

People in the future might just regret the fact that we didn't do the same thing we did in Manzanar.

Best Answer

I will bet some or all of those released with 6 months they will be killing again.

Best Answer

You haven't the evidence of one kill on any of their parts. And that's because they've never been tried for crimes of war or any other kind.

Best Answer

Rose is another Michael Dukakis.

Best Answer

Lol literally all you're doing is inanely spewing insults -.- Go home if you're gonna be stupid.

Best Answer

I see Rose202 believes it is an insult to be compared to Michael Dukakis, but it is a valid comparison. I could also mention Norman Mailer who with his dumb pals worked hard for the release from prison of a Mr. Abbot who murdered a young waiter soon after his ill-advised release. before long, Mr Mailer was working for release of a cop-killer. Such people never learn. rose202, Norman mailer and Michael Dukakis would loose demons upon us.

Best Answer

TheRose202 is making a career of this rant. On some websites, such ranting is not allowed. It should not be allowed on any off them. She formed a belief prematurely and has confirmation bias about it. such people never learn truths.

Best Answer

So you're saying that one's freedom of speech (another value this country talks about holding dear) should be allowed only when it's convenient for you?

Best Answer

You are the person I see who makes unfounded assumptions. What is your source of information? You need to open your own damned eyes. You need to really research the matter. That means looking at the total picture, not just leftist lies.

Best Answer

Read the book "Inside the Wire: A Military Intelligence Soldier’s Eyewitness Account of Life at Guantanamo"

Best Answer

And then you tell me who's blind here.

Best Answer
Best Answer

One source means nothing. It can be biased, lying, etc. Real Research takes much more time than you are willing to give. You must try to look at all data on any given subject. One book and one website mean nothing when you should be looking at all arguments. You are certainly blind to truth. You formed a premature bia and seek to confirm it. Hysteria controls you, when Logic should be in control. I can hardly believe my mailbox was filled with your excuses for believing absurd 'gao pei". Some people want to believe such "gao pei", and the more absurd it is the better they like it.

Best Answer

Yes, you are blind to any data that refutes your premature biases.

Best Answer

Your mailbox? I never sent you a single message -.- and in any case, I've gone to the Library of Congress to research this. I've gone to local libraries and multiple websites to research this. Keep trying to tell me you know what you're talking about.

Best Answer

I receive notifications from EP when anyone comments upon questions I have answered, and once again, my mailbox is filled with notifications that you have made more dumb replies to people answering this question. You obviously want to believe passionately one orr two strongly-biased dumb sources and refuse to see alternatives to this absurd "gao pei". You are incapable of learning much of anything. I am glad you cannot release prisoners to kill people, as Michael Dukakis and Norman mailer did.

Best Answer

Like many people Americans are manipulated bafoons as a group, so evidence is not requiered ! If the newpapers, radio, tv, speaks it, Americans sware by it

Best Answer

That appears to be the case -.-

Best Answer

I think Rose is the person believing bad sources.

Best Answer

I assume you'd be ok with them staying the night at your house??

Best Answer

Nah, but I wouldn't be comfortable with anyone I don't know staying over at my house with the region I live in.

Best Answer

In any case, your logic is flawed. It's a massive jump to say that because I want them to be tried for what they're accused of, I want them to stay at my house.

Best Answer

They should be arrested for wearing those orange jump suits

Best Answer

A crime agains fashion!

Best Answer

Yep , I always knew they had grounds to keep the buggers locked up

Best Answer