1juicylife 1juicylife 22-25, F 9 Answers Apr 13, 2012

When I was a child women still wore hats and gloves. When my mother was young, a woman wasn't really considered dressed if she wasn't wearing a dress, stockings, hat and gloves. They were very attractive, but personally I'm glad about having choices now. I used to think hijabs were beautiful and exotic looking too, but being told that in some cultures women HAVE TO wear them spoiled the effect for me.

Best Answer

they were more stylish than we are, and they had hat pins to keep them on...

Best Answer

Hats are wonderful and I don't know why women don't wear them like they used to.

Best Answer

people are a bit less exposed now as we have enclosed vehicles and insulated homes so there isn't as much a need to do so. Clothing typically goes with the environment and cultures just make up social rules to make them seem like they had a better reason.

Best Answer

you mean... bonnets? oO pass

Best Answer

I do , and so does that scary dude in psyco....brrrrr.

Best Answer

sadly, our culture has become more and more 'casual', and it's a great loss......I grew up in the 1940's and '50's and can remember my parents getting 'all dressed up" to go out and how great they looked!!!........my mom used to wear those hats with the veil....very 'romantic'.....but that was the style then, and so now we are left with nothing but a population, of all ages, wearing sweatshirts, jeans, and running shoes!!!! really sad!!!........I often wish I could wave a magic wand and have all the denim, all over the world, just disappear!!!!!!!<br />
why don't people use a little more imagination in the way they dress? OK, so you wanna be casual; then at least make an effort to dress in a casual way that's not like ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!! lol.

Best Answer