Lol, I totally get that! I'm an introvert but grew up in a big family, 6 kids! No down time from them was hellish sometimes growing up. But eventually they got to know how I was and wouldn't take it personally when id hide out. Now it's easier that I'm older, ill just tell them I'm going off the grid for a while and give myself a mini vacation from all their drama

Best Answer

I'm a big time introvert as well!

Best Answer

Do they know this? If not, tell them!! Make them understand u just need ME time. I had this huge discussion with my fam once like, "I just have a low tolerance for people and drama, it just mentally wears me out. And no offense Mom, I love you but you're people!! I just need space! Alone!"
Lol.. She took it well enough.

Best Answer

I have a hard time saying no because I don't like drama either. I just want time alone sometimes!!

Best Answer

I was the same way! Took a while to get out of that habit, but it's good to assert yourself! I just started saying no to everything one day even when I knew I'd change my mind later. It was good practice, got them used to hearing no and taught me to put my needs first sometimes when it was important

Best Answer

Good for you! It's just tough when it's family

Best Answer

I feel that way too. But then my brother will leave and I'll miss him every day...

Best Answer

I really don't understand what you are saying, You are truly privileged.

Best Answer

I think I have the right to vent sometimes

Best Answer

Sure you do, but I find it insignificant. Not many people have families or people that love them or people they care about. Then there's you.

Best Answer