Have you ever read the Bible? I mean, from cover to cover, like a book? I'm just curious; most Christians haven't.

Best Answer

Yes I have read it 8 times and that is how I can see the faults with every religion but I still like religions it just makes me want to do Gods will without calling the priest father, and without having a gay or woman pastor or without foresaking the cross or without adding to the bible or taking it away, over time I found out that the Catholic bible has 73 books in it while the protestant bible only has 66 books in it so I read my Catholic bible for I like the cannon.

Best Answer

When you say "every religion" do you mean different Christian sects, or do you include Pagan religions, too? With the understanding that the Bible was the Absolute Truth, as revealed by God, I first read the King James version, at 13, after I had been gang-raped and got syphilis. I found no comfort in it, and my logic rejected it as Truth, absolute or otherwise. After the age of 30, I read it again, with the understanding that it was an inconsistent collection of books written by men, and I found more of spiritual value, but not enough to become Christian. I've read five translations so far, and it seems to me that, in matters of import, the only statement that the Bible does non contradict itself on is that God does not like homosexuals. At 13, I was horrified at what Japeth did to his daughter in Judges, and I am still appalled that there was no condemnation, of it, anywhere in the Bible, and that he lived out his life as a respected judge. After reading it, I've never understood how Moses and David could be seen as 'heros' by any decent person, and I see Paul contradicting Jesus, and his misogyny prevails—I thing too highly of women.

Best Answer

When you say "every religion" do you mean different Christian sects, or do you include Pagan religions, too? With the understanding that the Bible was the Absolute Truth, as revealed by God, I first read the King James version, at 13, after I had been gang-raped and got syphilis. I found no comfort in it, and my logic rejected it as Truth, absolute or otherwise. After the age of 30, I read it again, with the understanding that it was an inconsistent collection of books written by men, and I found more of spiritual value, but not enough to become Christian. I've read five translations so far, and it seems to me that, in matters of import, the only statement that the Bible does non contradict itself on is that God does not like homosexuals. At 13, I was horrified at what Japeth did to his daughter in Judges, and I am still appalled that there was no condemnation, of it, anywhere in the Bible, and that he lived out his life as a respected judge. After reading it, I've never understood how Moses and David could be seen as 'heros' by any decent person, and I see Paul contradicting Jesus, and his misogyny prevails—I think too highly of women.

Best Answer

Including keeping slaves? And you believe that salvation is achieved through works as in Matthew and through grace as in Luke at the same time?

Best Answer

I have faith and works out of love for God grace is a gift that I have recieved I could never earn it, I simply want to follow Jesus so far he has led me to peace and some wonderful miracles. Plus he has shown me that he knows me which is really really awsome, I never have to fear that he will cast me out of heaven saying that he never knew me. Yikes.

Best Answer

The writers of the Bible did not encourage slavery but did recognize it's existence.

Best Answer

Yeah now go read up on the rules governing slavery and all the mentions in the epistles to the effect that slaves should be obedient to their masters,

Best Answer

EZ, your response is what is called a post-hoc rationalization. The writers of the bible set down very clear rules regarding the acquisition and treatment of slaves, but nowhere said that slaves should not be held, or that they should be freed. They also saw fit to regulate, but not prohibit, the sale of daughters. I'll ask you, also, have you actually read the book?

Best Answer

Good for you as long as you don't spend your time trying to force it onto other people then your beliefs are genuine.<br />
I don't like those people who go around saying, My beliefs are the only beliefs and they must be your beliefs aswell. The world doesn't need people like that. Nobody dictates what I do and don't believe in.

Best Answer

Actually the bible does say that we are to spread the gosple even when it is acceptable and even when it is not.

Best Answer

I have read and I believe as do millions of other wise people.

Best Answer

Then you are one of many stupid enough to believe that nonsense. Congratulations!

Best Answer

You have no right to call it nonsense without proof.

Best Answer

Actually I was expecting a crude and rude comment such as yours I just wanted to see how many hate mongers there really were and you won!

Best Answer

Honeslty I just wanted to see how many hate mongers there would be if I simply stated my beliefs and guess what you won!

Best Answer

Umm, Courtney was rude, but not hate-mongering.

Best Answer

She has no right to express an opinion? You would have been right to address her calling the OP stupid, an unwarranted ad-hom, but the nonsense in the Bible is legion; we can't eat rabbits because they "chew the cud," and must avoid "four-legged flying things" and bats are birds—those are just three of many absurdities in Leviticus alone, and the rest of the Bible filled with proof of its own nonsense.

Best Answer

i think your desire to provoke any response from an athiest is not "christian like". aren't christians supposed to love everyone? and please can you leave the gays alone. they are people, by the way.

Best Answer

well good for you

Best Answer