He said he can't work with the image being so small. So I tried to re size it but it comes out pixel and he said he can't work with that either. So I have to make the card all over again in a bigger size but why does it have to be bigger when its the exact size the card should be. Usually if you want to put a picture on a phone you print it in a small size so why does the resolution of the image have to be bigger then the card itself? I don't understand. :( Help? ( THANK YOU IT IS SOLVED! )
stellarium stellarium 18-21, F 3 Answers Sep 8, 2012 in Community

The image quality for business cards is higher than average. They will need to compress the image if it doesn't have enough dpi. Hence, why he wanted it to be bigger. Just trying to change with size on your computer doesn't change the dpi.

Best Answer

I see that makes sense. Thank you I resized it and it worked perfectly and not pixel. I'm glad now I don't have to make it all over again LOL

Best Answer

The larger the image the finer the detail when it's reduced to fit the card.

Best Answer

Ohhhh I see. So do you think if he uses the image thats the exact size of the card. It should come out exactly how it is on the image right? Since there is no resizing? Or will it come out looking bad? Decent?

Best Answer

It might come out ok if the image is the same size as the card but that depends on the printing process ink jet or scanner print, lithograph or photo print, etc. Ideally you should have an image that is at least 25% larger than the one you want to print especially if there is any text as well. I'm sure the guy is not trying to rip you off.. he's the one who's been doing it for years so trust the professional (or gifted amateur lol). If you're in doubt and want a large number of cards done ask for samples first before you decide, will probably save money in the long run.

Best Answer