We were together a year, he was my first love. We broke up about four months ago and the last time I tried to talk to him, he told me he didn't want anything to do with me. We've been through this before and he confessed that he just told me to leave him alone cause he knows it's best for me. He smokes and sometimes gets into the wrong stuff and I'm nothing like that. He always said I deserved better than him... And I know he actually believes that. I really just want to see how he's doing.. But I'm not sure wether or not he actually wants me to leave him alone. Somebody help?:/
itsmegann itsmegann 16-17, F 11 Answers Nov 1, 2010

Time to let it go. You're exes for a reason. Furthermore, since you are exes, it's not your place to project what YOU want on to HIM. If he told you to leave him alone, then show some damn respect.

Best Answer

Guys are very basic , No means No ( Not Maybe ) we don,t add in ifs, ands or buts about it . the light switch is either ON or it,s OFF , first loves are always the Hartest to forget but there is more than one fish in the sea of love , cast your line elsewhere .

Best Answer

Yes, Guys are not as complicated as us girls. If you ask a guy what is wrong and he says 'nothing'...Well nothing is wrong. If you ask him, what are you thinking about, and he says 'nothing' chances are he really is not thinking about anything. SO, If he told you to leave him alone, I bet he means it. Guys don't play the mind games like girls do.

Best Answer

If he tells you he is not good for you, believe him. He is being honest.

Best Answer

Yes, guys mean stuff like that. They really do. I would take him at his word.

Best Answer

The key word here is EX. None of the other stuff you wrote about him is relevant. He is your ex so you should be leaving him alone in the first place. If you want to make sure he isn't dead, call once a year on his birthday and wish happy birthday.

Best Answer

Interested in how the girls have waded in with generalities about guys ?

It depends on each of you two. You are both individual and it is your relationship. No "do guys mean ..." answer. Sorry. Life more complicated.

Can you keep up a low level of contact, remind him you are around, without overpowering him ? Occasional text, email, nothing too heavy ? If he wants to respond, he is not braindead. What you say may suggest he has low self-esteem : " He always said I deserved better than him ..."

But we only have your version of all this, not his ?

T.C.

Best Answer

Guys are straight forward yes that's true but if you really deep down in your soul heart of hearts think he worth a little swallowing of pride for worth trying again to talk to him still i'd give it one last try to get through to him, at least you'll feel satisfied that you tried and can walk away knowing you did, guys are straight forward but i know from experience every man is not the same, some are just like women in some respects like telling you to leave them alone it's sometimes because they are hurting inside and thats just their reaction, it doesn't always mean thats what they want you to do.

Best Answer

Make sure you know what you want.

Best Answer