My state is several months behind on paying back insurance claims for services that are covered under my plan. So now these medical providers keep harassing me for the unpaid bills. I've explained the situation and had my insurance company call several times to explain as well. But the providers have sent the overdue bills to collections anyway. I don't know what to do. I don't have several thousands to pay off surgery bills and wait to be reimbursed. I'm planning to buy a home soon and I don't want these medical bills to show up as delinquent on my credit report.
blindbob blindbob 26-30 3 Answers Mar 21 in Community

When you signed the bill it said you were ultimately responsible. But I agree with you.

Best Answer

pay your bloody bills then, YOU owe the money

Best Answer

i pay my insurance, co-pays, and deductibles. as far as i'm concerned, i paid what was due on my end.

Best Answer

obviously they don't...

Best Answer

if i have to fork over thousands of dollars, which i don't have, then they will get to see me in court because that is a breach of contract on their end.

Best Answer

Well that is ok then, if they are in breach of contract then you have the advantage, the higher ground.. I wish you success in court and hope you make the bastards pay and get compensation to boot

Best Answer

change your phone number

Best Answer

actually, they stopped calling. i just get letters now.

Best Answer

There are rules about this practice, state insurance board need to be called.

Best Answer

that's a good idea. thank you! would the state attorney general also be a good person to contact? I have had to contact them in the past when there were errors on my credit report in the past.

Best Answer

I do believe so.

Best Answer

thank you very much.

Best Answer