I found a small female dog on the street and brought her home to save her from getting killed, she was about to cross a busy street, no collar or nothing to identify her. I'm falling in love and I'm considering to keep her but in week days I leave home at 7:00am and come back between 7:00pm and 9:00pm because I go to school at night. Can she stays alone all this time? Is is fair to her?
aguilar74 aguilar74 31-35 16 Answers Dec 22, 2009

alot better than being hit by a car in my opinion.....do'nt leave her loose in the house,if you have a laundry room or something i would put her in there

Best Answer

I don't even want to touch this with a 10-foot pole...but... she's a DOG and knows how to care for herself as long as she's got food and water and can get outside or has a place to do her business. I know there are some who think leaving her alone will somehow cause her to have nervous problems or anxiety (to tell you the truth; I really believe the animal picks this up from their owner).<br />
There! But it's how I feel and don't get me wrong. I totally love my dog. But he's just fine even though both my husband and I work all the time. He doesn't pea -lol- anywhere or chew things up and is as laid back as we are.

Best Answer

My little dog stays alone a lot when I work and she is fine she is really happy to see me when I get home and me her...

Best Answer

I have read that they should not be made to hold their bladder any more hours than their age in years for example 2 years=2 hours, And that no dog should have to hold their bladder more than 5 hours at a time. Hope this helps.. I wouldn't say it's fair to the dog to keep her if you can find her a loving home. Dogs are social animals, just like humans and need love affection and excercise. They need interaction. That sound like quite a lonely life.

Best Answer

If all of the above advice still leaves you at odds , and you feel committed to owning this life , consider getting it a companion ~ should you be able to afford one ~ the pup will have a mate and , if you are loving and kind you will have two committed and loving friends ~ FOR LIFE , NOT JUST CHRISTMAS.

Best Answer

My dog spends about 10 hours a day by herself. I leave the radio on and make sure she has plenty of food and fresh water. She has done fine thru the years. It was nice of you to save her, you will have a friend for life.

Best Answer

i suppose you could leave the radio on for company for the dog during the day times.as long as it has water,you can feed it at night & give it a treat for breakfast before you leave.you'll have the two days of the weekend to spend with her.try it out if you're sure,just see how it go's.best of luck.<br />
i am now missing having a dog! lol

Best Answer

That was sweet of you to save her life! That was a gift in itself. But yeah do call someone to make sure the doggy doesn't already have an owner, I think the owner has only 24 hours to claim if not then the doggy will hopefully be yours! As for your schedule it is quite a long time to leave her alone but she is safe now which is important. <br />
You can by training pads which they are attracted to when they need to pee or poop. Also leave a little kibble and water but maybe buy a large gate to close off an area of the house to keep her in so you don't have to lock her up in a room! Good luck :-)

Best Answer

I dont know dude,im practicly always with my dog. Heck he makes me sleep on the floor . lol<br />
Kind Regards<br />
King Fluffs

Best Answer

Good for you for rescuing the dog, but your lifestyle is not suitable for long term ownership..Dogs are pack animals and need companionship If you are out for a few hours they will sleep and that causes no problems but 12/14 hours is equal to 4days to a dog, she will be distressed and possibly frightened. Sorry but you need to find a home for her with constant attention, or someone who will look after her through the day....Good Luck

Best Answer

Dogs really thrive on interaction,.and need to feel needed..<br />
Its good you ask,..and probly varies between dogs.<br />
However at the least i would provide the dog with ways to have fun and keep occupied..Sticks to crunch up etc..When time is available,..go for walks or runs or to a park etc...<br />
They need bonding i reckon..<br />
Good meaty bones are great for their health,including teeth.It also gives them something to work on..<br />
Love as always,..is of great value.

Best Answer