Letsgohavefun Letsgohavefun 51-55, F 10 Answers Nov 21, 2012 in Struggles

Are they taking medications. Medications can make a great difference. Although they need changed every so often as a person ages thier blood chemistry changes. It is actually a close relative of schizophrenia. In both cases you need to realize they have an nonconstant definition or reality. Some times you just need to listen to find out where they are today. Avoid confrontation. They will not always remember what it was about and their verision of the memory will be much different than yours. But they will remember you were against them. Sometimes even when you were not. As for dealing with them, it varies with each case. Their are too many variable with each individual to have one set way to deal with a situation which changes daily or even hourly.

Best Answer

Patience and don't take their actions/behavior personally at all.

Best Answer

Hard not to take personally. This person has wacked accusations.

Best Answer

Yes, they're really good at blaming those around them.

Best Answer

Do u know how how to TYPE ? ...then GOOGLE it ...do u know how to READ ? ...then go to the LIBRARY ....come on , do some RESEARCH

Best Answer

I'm asking here and doing that. A real persons opinion matters to me.

Best Answer

I thought this site was for asking questions, I'm doing a lot of research, thanks

Best Answer

I find its best to just ignore them when they're having a fit of depression, rage, or what have you. If they're sad, a little sympathy and a kind ear is okay, but the more attention you give them when they're in this state, the longer it seems to last before they go back to normal, or regain their equilibrium.

Best Answer

I had a friend for well over 20 yrs that was bipolar. Didn't know until we were older. It is what ended the friendship, unfortunately. I have a lot to say about it...

Best Answer

I would find ending the relationship easier than putting up with it. I value the friendship but this issue is making me crazy.

Best Answer

It is really difficult :/
When it came to the ex-friend trying to do harm to my life, that is what ended the friendship.

Best Answer

Patience!!! As a bi-polar, I would need specifics in order to give my unprofessional but thoughtful opinion.

Best Answer

This person is a control freak. The latest issue is accusing husband of an affair no matter where he goes. I can't be friends with the guy because she is so controlling, it's easier for him to stay home

Best Answer

First of all, is she bi-polar? Second, many mental/social disorders are aggravated by situations they have experienced-So, if her husband has betrayed her (emotionally and or physically), she will find it almost impossible to resist expressing her fears, concerns and feelings. Bi-polar people feel "out of control" especially of their feelings and resulting reactions. I know it is difficult, maybe try hanging out with him IN her company for a while, making sure not to "set" her off. When and if you do go out again...See that he does everything in his power to ease her mind. Unless you know the ins and outs of their relationship, you may be hastily blaming her for her abnormal reaction to situations that she HAS the right to question and react to. Tell him that! Maybe he'll be willing to make the changes necessary to not provoke those types of reactions if he knows how you feel about it.

Best Answer

I have read, and been told.. They like A lot of sex...

Best Answer

simple way to handle mood swings :P

Best Answer

Either much patience or a Louisville Slugger. That condition is hard on everyone around the sufferer.

Best Answer