I need to know if I should tell my family I'm Lesbian. I'm scared because they are super religious and are not LGBT friendly.
Lovehate2013 Lovehate2013 18-21, F 6 Answers Aug 31 in LGBT

You should not say something so horrible because its a lie and they do not want you to lie to them!!!

Best Answer

Only you can decide... you don't have to tell them. If and when has to be your decision, no one else's. mx:))

Best Answer

Your sexuality is really none of their concern. Look at it this way, would you be torn about it if it were a guy you were having sex with?

Best Answer

depends on how close you are to them and how relevant they are in your life, if you live with them then obviously it'd simplify things but if its going to end with someone getting hurt then its not necessarily their business

Best Answer

I live with them so I would probably be kicked out and disowned. I'm scared. They are everything I have left.

Best Answer

It was difficult,but no disowning no I wouldn't,,,,,we're closer now than ever she lives out of state,we don't talk about it,

Best Answer

in a situation like that i'd say wait untill you're independent or moved out to university/own place untill you talk to them about it, just for your own well-being

Best Answer

Yea I plan on going to college in the spring.

Best Answer

that'll change up your entire priority list then, your parents and "old life" takes a back seat to everything going on directly around you, i'd say wait untill then at least, see how much you feel the need to tell them once you're settled in at college, then if it still feels really important, sit down and consider it properly now you aren't totally dependent on them, new friends will help you make the decision too :) that's my personal opinion obviously but i hope its somewhat helpful

Best Answer

Yea it is Thanks.

Best Answer

my sister is,i chose to still love and accept her,yes it was hard to except,i love her though,

Best Answer

Thanks.

Best Answer