Your school should have a school counsellor and if they do they may also have a person who specialises in working with youth. <br />
Contact local youth agencies

Best Answer

Have you seen the movie 'Generation Rx' <br />
If you haven't I recommend it.

Best Answer

I know exactly what your talking about. Of course, You have to take proper steps with disciplinary actions, but she also needs to learn anger management. I know easier said than done.<br />
My son picked up a desk one time and threw at one of the students. The teacher had to restrain my son.<br />
I also dealt with the situation in an orderly fashion. However, My son has no empathy so this makes it twice as hard. I don't know if other kids experience the lack of empathy with this condition.<br />
There are times I want lock myself in room due to how uncontrollable he is. But I also have learned kids that have ADHD will not respond to a command, but they will respond to choices. For example, Son you acted inappropiate at school , so you can choose to lose gaming time for a week or playing outside with friends. He responds well to this tactic. But the minute I command him or demand , he is defiant to the end.

Best Answer

maybe check and see if she has explosive disorder on top of her ADHD?

Best Answer

I'll pray for your situation, calm down and drink some tea. I know her meltdown freaked people out around her including your daughter. It could be a number of things such as a misdiagnoises, nutrition (needing vitimans, omega-3's), new meds or doseage, lack of sleep or something happened to trigger her behavior. ADHD children can be very sensitive and have a strong sence of justice so when she's calm, I'd ask her what triggered her behavior and listen. Context is everything so I'd find out from her teachers what happened prior to her meltdown. If there's another "pattern of behavior" taking place, she may need to be evaluated for something else. Also make sure your daughter has a 504 Plan or a special education plan so her special needs are accommodated. I hope this helps.

Best Answer

She might need a change of need a change of meds too. Call her doctor.

Best Answer

Spank her *** ... just because she has ADHD doesn't mean she can't learn self control, daaa

Best Answer

she is on medication, and I don't care for spanking...violence begets violence...she already hits, and screams.by the way she is 8 years old...

Best Answer

Consider having her evaluated for Asperger's Syndrome.

Best Answer

Well, continue what you are doing then and I guarantee you she will get worse. Spanking gets their attention and is different then violence.

Best Answer

we have thought of that..but the drs dont care enough to look into it...they just kind of shrug it off.We have also looked into Edison syndrome..thanks for the advice

Best Answer

I do understand your thoughts on the medication view..I have had it done to me.One of my HUGE problems, is we don't have a car..and no way to afford one, so she can't go anywhere..we do have a baseball field, but its almost a mile away, and being in the 20's its too cold to be out in it very long...brr..we have NO public transportation, and no parks to play at nearby.Our only "fun" is every Saturday her dad will take us to the library, and grocery shopping.If we ask to go anywhere, its like pulling teeth, and he huffs the whole time we are out..Thanks for your advice..I appreciate it..

Best Answer

My niece has ADHD and has Aspargers. She was bullied by kids and my brother finally put he in a special school. ADHD and Aspagers kids need to learn in a creative environment. She is doing much better because instead of sitting in a classroom, the kids go rollar skating or bowling and they learn social skills, math skills, things that they can't learn in a regular school environment. I still believe in spankings though too.

Best Answer

Put heron medication and punish her?

Best Answer

How is that a stupid answer? I know many people that have put their children.. including one of my bestfriends to this day is on medication to treat or stabalise her ADHD.
And maybe punishing can help her realise what is acceptable behaviour?

Best Answer

my brother was the adhd kid from hell . a lot of foods can trigger a child . red and yellows are a big no no . make the child understand there are reactions for actions . reward good behavior punish bad . drugs can have weird reactions as can foods coffee can put a adhd to sleep . a little trick i learned with my brother . <br />
anger can be a issue see what is ******* this kid off

Best Answer