Once I learned I was a sociopath I looked back in my memories in search of what might have caused this. My family raised me to believe that kindness always came with a price. Never had anyone been kind to me as I grew up. Basically in our house everyone manipulated eachother to make them look stupid or make them experience a new form of emotional pain until I no longer cared. By the age of 15 I no longer reached out to anyone because I expected to be slapped away physically or emotionally. One day my sophmore year I met a girl who I had met once or twice before but never cared she was too emphatic. Halfay throught the year she approached me and gave me a handful of small flowers. I waited for her to hurt me for days afterwards. Three years later I have whole heartedly fallen in love with her. But to her I am no more than her brother. I'm goodlooking and I say that honestly not arrogantly but I can't get her to look at me the way I would like. Any advice?
CameronKing CameronKing 18-21, M 4 Answers Mar 22 in Embarrassing & Funny

Whoever responds to this please don't if your answer ends with the suggestion to go see a professional. I have seen both psychologist and a psychiatrist. The ending is just them giving me drugs that don't help. Yes I have told them that, but in their minds it simply means to up the dosage to near overdosing levels.

Best Answer

My original question is summarized with the fact that I have been without emotion for so long now that I feel something for someone I want more, but am afraid of losing the light in my proverbial darkness.

Best Answer

how does she feel about you?

Best Answer

Like I'm her best friend in the world so instead of wanting to date me like every other girl I meet she tries to set me up with them.

Best Answer

but how does she FEEL about you... what are her true feelings towards you?

Best Answer

Ironically she is the only person who makes me hesitate while I have burnt bridges without a second thought I find myself choking on my words when I speak to her most the time.

Best Answer

I'm too afraid that if I tell her my feelings she will abandon me. She is the only person I feel anything for and I'm afraid of what I might become if she is no longer a part of my life.

Best Answer

I suggest that you visit a psychiatrist or psychologist- whoever you would feel more comfortable with... and explain to them your situation. There is help out there

Best Answer

you aren't a sociopath you're just bitter, do what you want and get with that chick

Best Answer

Not in the way your suggesting. But thank you for your input.

Best Answer

I can help... But with what?

Best Answer

I really don't know anymore. I was content to being emotionless, but when I'm with her I can't feel nothing. Really I doubt you could help me because you don't really know me. I just wanted to know if someone could tell me if I were better off emotionless or if I should reach out once more.

Best Answer

No that isn't a mistake in grammer when I said I can't feel nothing.

Best Answer

I say let it be... You can't make the heart feel something it won't

Best Answer

I suppose so. Not the answer I wanted but I have to be open to that which I don't want when posting on this site. Thank you.

Best Answer

I'm sorry, I hope you find the answer you're looking for (:

Best Answer

I have seen a professional he said the only thing I can do I try to find something that stimulates positive emotions ergo my current dillema.

Best Answer