She not only talks non-stop, but it's all complaining. I have an impaired immune system and all this complaining is making me physically sick. I have asked her politely to hopefully be more positive, and also asked if maybe things could get quiet just so i could maybe sleep? "Oh,no... I don't want to keep you up. I'm sorry. I'll just hush up now so you can rest. You know I can't believe some people - they just talk non-stop and nobody around them can say a word. Now my aunt was just like that, she used to......" And on and on and on...HELP Ty for any real help. Not just 'tell her to truck off."
TexMi TexMi 31-35, F 11 Answers Oct 1, 2012 in Struggles

Just txt a friend to call you asap and just say its important and leave. :]

Best Answer

AS AN UPDATE....
i thank you all for your thoughtful answers - and some were right - I was really stuck there - she was a hospt. roommate. And she was also a screamer. Yikes it was hard.
But the good news IS - - they moved her!! She needed to be closer to the nurses station so she could be observed. Again, ty. I did a little bit of everything y'all suggested. She didn't hush, but it made me laugh - Hugs.

Best Answer

smile and nod knowingly and try to steer conversation into something that at leasts interests u

Best Answer

Open the door and leave

Best Answer

I do not mind being around someone who loves to talk but it depends on their attitude/behavior. If I am around him or her talking about someone or something disrespectfully or negatively, then I may be annoyed right away. If this is non<x>stop, then I may have to politely tell him or her to be quiet.

Best Answer

Yes negative energy does take a toll on your health. Is it possible for you to move to another room or dorm? It's worth gaining another enemy to save your health. Tell her in the most authoritative voice you can that you don't want to hear it. You have your own problems to deal with and won't be her doormat.

Best Answer

Politely explain that you are ill and need rest. Then completely Stop talking to her. Each time you respond to her, it behaviorally reinforces her to keep talking when you respond. Likely, she just wants to be heard. If you appear not to listen or dont respond, she will get quiet. The explanation you give her ahead of time will help you with your own guilt while you ignore her. She will stop eventually. Hang in there as long as you can! Other ideas: fake sleep, interupt her constantly till she hates talking to you, tell her you are hard of hearing and say, what? Huh? TEN TIMES to EVERYTHING SHE SAYS, be blatantly politically incorrect, ask her if its okay for you to record your conversations with her. When she asks why? Stare off into space and say, "noooooo, reason." GOOD LUCK!

Best Answer

Yikes! If she's an air-head play "the quiet game" if not...give her food or something to put in her mouth.. O.o

Best Answer

Or just smile sweetly, put your finger to you lips and "shhhh" her. ;)

Best Answer

When you find out, tell me. My brother is like that and nothing I have tried works. I sneak around trying to avoid him -- I usually wait until he has gone to sleep before venturing out, that works best.

Best Answer