She recently turned 30 and is having major image issues and all she talks about is how she is not beautiful enough, not tall enough, how she needs to improve her figure, etc. So, I want the gift to convey that she is special to me and reassure her that she is a beautiful person on the inside as well as outside. I don't think flowers, chocolate, etc would convey that message. Also she is in a new (4 months) relationship so I can't do anything dramatic or over the top.
SeekingEternalBliss SeekingEternalBliss 31-35, M 13 Answers Feb 6, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

You could get a her a gift certificate to a spa and write a nice card letting her know that you have noticed she doesn't feel her best and that this can help her feel better about herself even though you already think she is perfect. Women don't always need you to fix the problem. More often than not they just want someone to understand. This could show her that you understand and it may help her feel better about herself also. If she is not insane she will see the nice gesture and take it as: you listened to her and understood that sometimes she doesn't feel pretty. Just make sure to write the card in a way that lets her know that you are not giving it to her because you think she needs it, but because she has not felt her best and you thought she deserves to get fussed over.

Best Answer

Oooo I like that idea

Best Answer

Opiates do the trick

Best Answer

That is what I would want. "Works 60% of the time.. every time!" -Anchorman

Best Answer

Lol

Best Answer

4 months... now, its time to move on buddy...

Best Answer

I think if there's no chance for you for romance with her then you shouldn't get her a V-Day gift at all, her bf should. As her friend, just listen to her.

Best Answer

try a full day at a spa like Mario Tricoci massage hair make up A day at a spa makes every woman feel better.

Best Answer

some jewelry maybe..like beautiful earring or smth like this..

Best Answer

Do not want to be rude but just wonder. <br />
What makes you think that a perfect gift will miraculously convey to her that 'she is alright' and 'she is special' to you ? As I said, my intention is not to mock you but wonder if there is a less cinematic way to express your thoughts to her like 'conversation' ?

Best Answer

Of course, there is no perfect gift and I am just looking for different ideas.

Best Answer

Find someone who's free. She also sounds needy and has too many mental health issues. Or she's an attention seeker who knows you like her and is playing with you.<br />
Either way, don't be reeled in as you'll probably regret it.

Best Answer

A spa day maybe, with a card at they end saying "This whole day was really to make you feel like I truly think you look" or something to that effect.

Best Answer

I would find a new friend. She sounds like needy drama queen. If she was 13 and worried about all that stuff, I could understand, but at 30?

Best Answer