go to an al-anon meeting or co-dependany group CO-DA

Best Answer

the difference between co-dependacy and what I am talking about is that in co-dependacy you can break free. I cant tell my boss, 'F8ck you I am working from home and I am doing it in my pajamas' just as one example

Best Answer

well they teach you how to "deal" with it...which is what you were wanting.

Best Answer

Sooooo wrong... we have no control on how anyone else views the world, only how we do as individuals. There will always be "twisted" happenings in the world; it's what YOU see and how YOU process these findings that is significant. <br />
"I need help dealing with why I have to drive into work when I can work from home, why I am told what to wear while at work, why people believe in monogamy" <br />
The answer, I suppose, is because that's life. We don't always get what we want and people don't always agree. It's not a bad thing - if we never disagreed or questioned a concept, how would we grow?

Best Answer

thats kind of the point I was making. I should have used the word 'cope' rather than deal. Yes, when everyones view of the world has a direct and measureable impact on most of my life (which it does) its something I have to come to terms with and its highly unpleasant :)

Best Answer

I think it's more about how you view the circumstances you place yourself in (work, etc) than about how other people operate, because we have free will. Peoples' views on the world shouldn't have a direct or measurable impact on your life really, unless you let it. However, questioning existence or ideas is a good thing as it can help us understand what we value and what we need to work on as individuals.

Best Answer

or simply change your mind; not possible to change the world.

Best Answer

As Sabatini wrote, "The world is quite mad"

Best Answer

Na, this time it is you, not us

Best Answer

You best take off your clothes and lay on my couch while I get the bananas.

Best Answer

I've pondered this question myself more than once when I was receiving therapy, and after much consideration, I think I have the answer. I think it's more about learning how to emotionally deal with how everyone views the world, as opposed to how you view it yourself.

Best Answer

agreed. I need help dealing with why I have to drive into work when I can work from home, why I am told what to wear while at work, why people believe in monogamy, why they tell me video games are bad but TV is good(?), why so many believe in fantasy fairy tales about heaven and hell, etc.

Best Answer

Ah, I see your point. I had the same issue a while back myself. After I learned that what people think and what makes me happy are two different things, life got a bit better. I basically just told them where to shove it and did what was good for me.

Best Answer

ah that is the other one I forgot to add to my list 'people continuing to live by other peoples rules that they dont agree with when they dont even have to do it' :)

Best Answer