TylerV TylerV 18-21, F 7 Answers Feb 8, 2013 in Hobbies

sure, but I'm not Canadian

Best Answer

nope

Best Answer

then **** you

Best Answer

oh u wish !! lol

Best Answer

LOL

Best Answer

sure go ahead

Best Answer

What is it, hon?

Best Answer

1)How well you can speak French?
2)Do you feel any hostility towards French language?

Best Answer

Actually, I don't speak very much French at all. I live on the west coast of Canada and in my 15 years of living here, I've only ever heard 5 people speak French in public.
None of my friends speak French very well (except for one girl who is in French immersion school). It is also a mandatory course from grades 5 - 9 (I think, my apologies if I get these years wrong. It's been many years since I was in elementary and secondary school), but since we never use it, I have forgotten everything.
In regards to hostility, I'm sure few students in school appreciate being taught a mandatory language that they will not use living in their area. Personally I think it is a waste a time unless you are planning on moving to Quebec or taking on a government job. A small side-tangent of my thoughts is that I find the French language quite a haughty, and sometimes angry language. If I tried to speak French to Canadiens or people of France, I would be scoffed at and cussed out how I was butchering their beautiful language with my uncouth Asian tongue.
Anything else?

Best Answer

Thank you,the reply is really good and fulfilling :)

Best Answer