Hi. I'm 18 and on occasion, out of nowhere a sad thought (either from news stories that disturbed me or a death of a known person) will come inside of my head and suck the happiness out of me. That'll last that way for half a day, then I'll go to feeling hyper like I've overdosed on caffeine, and become irritable, then I'll go to feeling happy and content, then the cycle starts all over again. I have to walk out of class due to these mood swings and they are completely spontaneous, sometimes without any reason why I'm getting them. I've had a lot of trauma's in my life, but I've only been having this mood swings since I came off anti-depressants. I was also mis-diagnosed with having ADHD, and they gave me meds for it, which made things worse and gave me violent thoughts. I have Asperger syndrome and an anxiety disorder (OCD) within a split second my mood changes to the opposite one
AnatomicalZombie93 AnatomicalZombie93 18-21, M 7 Answers Apr 22, 2012

I sometimes feel like that...

Best Answer

If you have been traumatized I think you are going to feel these different feelings , and especially if your on a medicine then they take you off amedicine

Best Answer

couldnt it be something like bipolar disorder?

Best Answer

that's exactly what happend to me but I alwayz knew i had ADHD..what's weird is i'm 18 too...weird...

Best Answer

Im not a doctor but kinda sounds to me like you might have something called bi-polar depression....i dont have it but was tested by a psycologist when i was younger. She said i needed to keep a journal of my moods. Track them by #'s. 10=very happy 1=sad/crying do it every couple hours for about a week and see if you get mostly 10's and 1's,if so,then your going to need to talk to a doctor about it. Dont live like that,its not fun. Most people dont realize how depressed they are untill there not depressed anymore. GL!!

Best Answer