and easy to get along, shouldn't that be more important than chemistry? Chemistry wears off and does not guarantee long term relationship.
Trev971 Trev971 46-50, M 6 Answers Apr 15 in Dating & Relationships

For me, unfortunately, no. Nice and loving equals friendship. There has to be chemistry and I don't believe that it wears off although it may change and hopefully grow with love. You deserve passion along with companionship....don't settle for nice, it gets boring.

Best Answer

I agree, but relationships with chemistry still fail for whatever reason, my ex and I still have it. we have met up a couple of times and proved it. She refuses to meet up with me now, because of it............... Strange logic there.........

Best Answer

I think ex chemistry is tricky. It's intense for a few reasons that don't necessarily speak to the lasting power of the union. But if you two don't intend to get back together, she's right to avoid you...she has to move on. Men can often be intimate and not get their feelings muddled. I'm not saying that's you, but again, if you're not going to make something of it, it's just a crutch.

And you're right, relationships still fail with chemistry...as they also do without it. The closest thing that I can think of to what you've described is when you've discovered that you love someone after the intensity of infatuation fades...When you love the person for who they are instead of how you feel with them. Committing to a relationship is an intellectual decision of choosing to remain constant throughout the ebb and flow of passion. In that sense, you're spot on...it outweighs chemistry. But my feeling is that you won't stick around long enough to make that decision without good chemistry.

Best Answer

My point is I don't have this chemistry with this woman. I enjoy the company, films, meals and I know I can make a good loving bf who will be faithful and not go for the next gorgeous gal because I am happy being in love with one person. I don't need two or one on the side. She prefers the chemistry knowing that person may not love her as much as I do. All very confusing! lol I won't cry over this. Still going to enjoy what life has to offer and make the most of it and if it means no love so be it.

Best Answer

i dont need chemistry, i must enjoy company,spark will follow.

Best Answer

Arranged marriages often do not have chemistry. And I imagine that it can be developed over time. But I feel without chemistry, there is no attraction. That is why some have love that is not reciprocated-there is no chemistry. I doubt chemistry wears off. It takes chemistry and a whole lot more to make a relationship work, Trev971. Are you asking this question because you are experiencing this situation or is this just an opinion?

Best Answer

Bit of both. I go out with this woman and we enjoy each others company, watch movies, meals etc but she says we are only just friends. She is waiting for the right guy for that chemistry or spark.

Best Answer

It's far more exciting when there is chemistry, and it doesn't necessarily wear off, but it can evolve........

Best Answer

Chemistry do wear off. People fall in love and break off, when you fall out of love, no longer in love. Doesn’t that tell you that the chemistry wore off?

Best Answer

Not really, some people have other reasons for breaking up...
I have met ex with my ex a couple of times recently , and the chemistry has still been there and the results explosive. Don't ask me why we are not back together now. .......... Women.......... ????????????????

Best Answer