I noticed that in the tube of my catheter, that was a huge red worm like blood clot. Could anyone tell me why I'm passing blood clots?
BeautyOfSuffering BeautyOfSuffering 22-25, F 9 Answers May 25, 2012

this could be and IS a good reason to call a doctor

Best Answer

contact your doctor or get checked up in a hospital whichever organ or vessel you damaged it needs fixed pronto.

Best Answer

Rule number one with catheters especially for females is do not hang around if you are passing blood. Too many reasons why, too long to explain, get to see your doc ASAP.

Best Answer

Let's see. You should consult a doctor. Why do you have a catheter? How long have you had it? Has it been changed recently? Did you do anything to the tube to cause any trouble? There are many factors too numerous to consider. Are you having anything else different going on? Does a home care nurse visit you? How often? Are you having any pain? How much is your urine output? What colour is it? Are you drinking lots of fluids? You see I could go on and on. And I am a nurse, not a physician..So if in doubt, see a doctor in a clinic or in a hospital....Always better safe then sorry. If you are post (after) a procedure, call the number of whoever you have to contact if you have any concerns or questions.....

Best Answer

Maybe you have a urinary tract/bladder infection.

Best Answer

Have you had any surgery recently? Procedures such as kidney biopsies can induce you to pass blood from either 'exit'. But thinking about it, if you had then you should have been told this might have been possible. If its completely and utterly unexpected then you should seek medical attention to get to the bottom of it. :)

Best Answer

Dear Lady, I'm not a Doctor, you need to call yours immediately. Passing blood clots isn't normal. It could be nothing and it could be something, only your Doctor will be able to determine which.<br />
I hope it is nothing.<br />
Take care, sweet lady.

Best Answer