I'm taking melatonin, 5HTP and Sunteanine already, but not having much luck getting more than 4 hours of sleep at a time. I have 4 separate medical conditions that cause insomnia, but I'd rather not go back to smoking weed for a good night's sleep. Any helpful suggestions would be welcome!
FordPrefect42 FordPrefect42 36-40, M 16 Answers Oct 11, 2012 in Community

Yes, smoke some weed. <br />
Or.... nyquil. Or ambien, but if thats the case might as well smoke weed.

Best Answer

Getting close to that, but would rather not...I'm wanting to improve my life with a decent job and need to test clean for it.

Best Answer

Tell your doctor you can't sleep and ask for a scrip for trazedone. It's a mild anti-depressant that doubles as a sleep aid.

Best Answer

Excercise atleast a couple hours before bedtime.

Best Answer

natural sleeping tablets from the chemist, valerian tablets also which are natural, sleeping and meditation music tracks and visualisations,attempting to focus on what dream you had the night before,focussing on thinking positive can help, sleeping clinics is a bit extreme, sleeping tablets or seroquell.<br />
ive tried heaps, had sleeping problems for years.

Best Answer

Cool! Those first few suggestions sound good. I'm avoiding seraquel and other drugs though...they leave me groggy in the morning and I still don't feel rested.

Best Answer

Go to walgreens and buy something called Wal-Act... the one you have to sign for at the pharmacy counter. Knock you on your *** it will.

Best Answer

I may try that. Thanks!

Best Answer

Its old school actifed from the 1970s. Make sure it has triprolidene.

Best Answer

:) dont worry because it'll get better in time this is actually progress it just means you're closer give it another month and am pretty sure I'll get up to 6-8 oh and a bit of cardio or any activity that is energy consuming before bed is a plus.<br />
and every time the thought of getting back springs to your mind just remind yourself of how far you've come

Best Answer

Thanks! I've been going for 5 mile bike rides every night after work...not helping much yet though. I kinda figured enough time would remedy it, but I need sleep in the mean time too, lol.

Best Answer

It could be the night bike rides keeping you from sleep. Could you do your rides earlier during the day - even the morning?

Best Answer

It is a trail and error thing but the only thing certain is that there is always way..Maybe try another approach(as well as biking)...I agree on the time font plus you're doing really well, but it takes at the least 5 months to get back on track. The lack of sleep is just the counter effect of not taking the drug because your mind isn't used to that so it'll try and cope with it in that way but honestly if you keep going like that than things would change and you'd forget one day that you ever taken it :).... sometimes to get the fastest result it is a matter of whole life style change, stress and some medication also have an effect on that maybe try and do more of things that you have not done before or some of your favourite hobbies that you have set aside(so basically turning your whole life upside down but you'd be doing it by choice and also changing things to ones you really like)....

Best Answer

Catnip (pills or tea), Valerian, Passion flower, & Chamomile are all great natural sleep aids. :)

Best Answer

Cool! I knew about chamomile and valarian, but not the others. Thanks!

Best Answer

You're very welcome! :) Good luck!
Insomnia is NO fun!
Know what else is good, also happens to be awesome for sore muscles: Peter Gillham Natural Calm
It's a fizzy magnesium drink mix. Works WONDERS for sore muscles and helps you relax and get a great night's sleep. :)

Best Answer

skoll a beer b4 bed. swap one dependantcy for another.. lol. but serious. a quick beer buzz just might do the trick for One night

Best Answer

Haven't tried beer, but rum sure hasn't helped much.

Best Answer

Benadryl. It helped with the nightmares I was getting too. Have you had those too? I've heard a lot of people say that they have them when they quit.

Best Answer

I've always had nightmares even before I started toking...that was one of the nice things about toking before bed was the lack of dreams. Even so, my dreams have been pretty mild since I quit.

Best Answer