Diets? Meal Plans? Exercises? Please Help. I feel very fat and un-pretty right about now. Especially being that it's been 7 months since my breakup and I just want to feel good about myself again and not fat,sad and under a rock. I'm about 50+lbs over weight. But looking to lose 40 in 7 weeks to 2 months. Is it possible? Can one lose weight from doing the treadmill ,swimming and elliptical machine alone?
mrowe718 mrowe718 26-30, F 24 Answers Jul 4, 2012

I went on this diet and lost 5lbs a week- cut out as much fat as u can- eat only fat free or under 5 grams of fat per meal aim for under ten grams of fat per day- this will require you to make most of your own foods. I ate oatmeal for breakfast with dried fruit mixed in, a piece of any kind of fruit for a snack inbetween. for lunch I had a tuna sandwich wrap with tuna, tomatoes, romaine lettuce & made with fat free mayo, for a before dinner snack i had one fat free yogurt cup a day. for dinner i usually had spaghetti noodles with a little homemade sauce- dont add oil. or tossed with black pepper, butter buds imitation butter sprinkles and some parmesan grated cheese the kind next to the dry pasta in the grocery store.I had a whole plate of this. after dinner i had 2 cups of unsweetened applesauce or a piece of fruit.<br />
for snacks when u r really craving sweets or candy- I would have a baked sweet potato- very filling low cal AND calms the sweet craving.- a kids size box of raisons also quenches the sweets craving. or once in awhile a fat free chocolate hunts pudding<br />
a craving for potato chips or crunchy salty things was harder to replace- I would use fat free microwave popcorn or fat free saltines.<br />
sometimes for dinner i would have a bowl of white rice from my local chinese restaurant (they make it the best) with either a can of peas on top or a can of sliced mushrooms. you could also just have it with the butter buds.- or veggie of your choice.<br />
sometimes for lunch i would have a large baked potato but with only butter buds on it. I lost 60 pounds in 3 months on this diet that I came up with myself.<br />
CARBS & sugar are NOT your weight loss enemy unless you are eating ALOT of them. they are bad for you for other health reasons. DO NOT EAT or drink anything with artificial sweetener in it- not only is it bad for your health but studies have shown it actually makes it harder for the weight to come off! I drank alot of water or homemade green iced tea with honey in it. Dairy has been shown to speed up weight loss so, if you don't like yogurt- make sure you drink some fat free milk each day. good luck.-The first month is the worst- but after that you stop craving the bad stuff and actually don't want it at all-don't forget to take vitamins after a meal everyday. puritys multiple was rated one of the best.

Best Answer

You told it like it is. I loved what you said.

Best Answer

look into weight watchers...i followed their plan for a year and now i am so used to it that i have maintaned everything i lost and can eat anything i want. most diets you exercise alot and restrict your food intake..with weight watchers they teach to food porportions and dont restrict what you eat just how much you eat in a sitting.. and the exercise can be simple as taking a nature hike or fast paced walk somewhere and back or more if you are more active.

Best Answer

get a good and comfortable recumbent excercycle. put it in front of the TV. have your phone nearby. ride at dinner time. start with low tension 15-20 minutes. add tension and time as you keep doing it each day. after several months you will lose a lot of pounds. good luck.

Best Answer

40 lbs loss is not going to happen in 7 weeks to 2 months. At least if you do you are definitely not going to be able to keep it off for long. 1-2 pounds lossage a weak is more realistic and healthier.<br />
I was 15 lbs overweight in april and it took me about 2.5 months to lose it, but I understand the closer you are to your normal weight the harder it is for the weight to come off. <br />
I exercised 3-5 times a week with 60 minutes of cardio each time and 30 minutes of weights, I ate vegetarian style during the week and kept my daily caloric intake to around 1200 calories every day but made sure I had enough protein and fats too. <br />
Its the information age so all the answers you need are just a click away! I did some research. <br />
OH YES. <br />
The most important thing I have done is start a diet/exercise log where I have kept track of every calorie consumed and burned, as well as a calendar to mark my weight down every day. Probably the most useful thing I have done.

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

I got my degree in Health and PE so I'm actually pretty well versed in this area. In order to lose a pound a week you need to intake 1000 less calories than you burn. Don't only do cardio, work in some strength training for tone. You burn calories while strength training as well. If you want to just get toned and not add mass then lift less weight and do more reps. Swimming is the best exercise there is because your entire body is engaged for the duration of the exercise. Changing your diet is equally as important. Don't eat or drink "empty" calories (i.e. snacks like chips, candy, soda, etc). Try to eat throughout the day 5/6 times instead of 3 big meals. This will help your metabolism stay active and you'll burn more calories throughout the day. Hope this helped. If you have more questions then message me.

Best Answer

I heard -500 to lose 1 pound a week and -1000 to lose 2. I read something where they said a pound is roughly worth 3,500 calories but I didn't go to school of course!

Best Answer

It's 1000 a week for 1 pound. We learned that in our structural kinesiology class and I'll never forget that haha. It's not healthy to lose more than 1-2 pounds a week either (unless morbidly obese because they'll lose weight at an accelerated rate). Another thing that people may not know is that the body won't start burning fat until 30 minutes of cardio work. Until you hit this mark you're burning protein and calories that you've eaten. It takes longer to activate the fat burning system.

Best Answer

what's the difference btwn obese and morbidly obese? I'm technically obese because I'm about 40 pounds over weight for my height which is 5'5.

Best Answer

If you're 40 lbs over weight for your height then you're obese. Morbidly obese would be like 100+ lbs over weight. According to the BMI you should weigh 125 lbs, don't get caught up in using BMI as the best indicator of what you should weigh though. Every NFL player tests as obese on that scale because it doesn't take into account body fat percentage or how much muscle mass you have. Body fat percentage is the most accurate way to measure how healthy you are in terms of weight. Women should be between 15-18% body fat and men between 12-15%. Of course you can be lower than that if you workout more vigorously and for training. For men to have a six pack you must be right around or below 10% body fat. When I learned about this I decided to always stay in shape because if I weigh 165 lbs and my body fat % is 11 that means that 18 lbs of me is fat. The thought of having 40 or 50 lbs of fat on me disgusted me. My best advice is to keep a workout log and diet log to keep track of everything you eat and do. Stay persistent, the closer you get to your goal weight the harder it'll be to shed those last few lbs. Work in cardio and strength training. And don't forget that it takes 30 minutes of cardio for your body to dip into your fat reserves and start burning fat off.

Best Answer

It's all in your self will-what do you REALLY want? If you REALLY want to lose weight then you will have to commit to it and make smart choices with diet and exercise. No one can do it for you. Go look in the mirror (I mean REALLY look) now decide what you want for yourself.

Best Answer

I looked in the mirror and I'm disgusted so yes I really want it.

Best Answer

You have to work HARD for what you want and want it with all your heart. So commit to it everyday and don't let yourself down. You deserve the best!

Best Answer

Glutten free diet

Best Answer

Your young so it should not be too difficult. The one advantage men have over women though is that women retain water and have more difficulty shedding that dreaded water weight. At the same time you have to keep yourself hydrated while exercising. It's summer, get outdoors, get some sunshine, go for a walk, go jogging but get out into the heat and sweat out the poisons.

Best Answer

methamphetamines have been known to shred the pounds

Best Answer

thanks

Best Answer

what is it exactly

Best Answer

absolutly dont use meth youll **** the rest of your life up.

Best Answer

Its an illegal drug worse than cocaine its bad dont try it. I know from experience... Your whole life will swirl down the toilet and youll lose everything its very addictive.

Best Answer

and don't forget super expensive and most of the time half of it's fake

Best Answer

Just remember that your body burns about 1500 calories per day just existing. Any other exercise burns even more. So if you exercise daily and eat 1500 calories, you will lose weight. How much depends on calories in and calories out. One pound of fat is equal to 3500 calories. So if you burn 500 more calories than you take in every day you can lose a pound in a week.

Best Answer

My body burns about 2,800 a day! Neener neener neener! :p

Best Answer

Well I hate you for that.

Best Answer

You need to change your diet.. to eat inefficent foods as well as working out... look into the Caveman Diet

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

Can one lose weight from doing the treadmill ,swimming and elliptical machine alone? I am not sure, but I know all that exercise will improve your overall mood.

Best Answer

Limit carbs and workout! I was on an extreme low carb diet and exercised daily... lost 20 lbs in 2 months!

Best Answer

Try the Lemonade Cleanser diet, it works like magic :)

Best Answer

the lemonade cleanser diet.
is it similar to the cayenne pepper diet?

Best Answer

Im not sure if anyone has said this but losing 70 pounds in two months is extremely dangerous not only that but losing that much weight that fast will mean that you will have tobe on a strict diet and exercise for the rest of your life because you will be able to gain all the weight back VERY VERY fast. I helped my friend lose 80lbs in 6 months and he is still having trouble keeping his weight stable. To give you two example of how fast even a small portion of the weight can go back on, the friend i helped gained back 20 pounds in 3 months and its taken him 10 months to loose that 20 pounds. My dad lost 100 pounds in 6 months hes gained 85+% of it back.My dad got down to a 32 inch waist from a 40 inch waist and hes back up to a 36 inch waist. Loosing weight and keeping it off is not easy, it is not fast and the risk of gaining it all back is huge.

Best Answer

well, I never said 70.
I said 30 to 40.

Best Answer

i believe the healthy way is to lose a pound a week so youd loose 8 pounds in two months doing it the healthy slow way where youre less likely to gain the weight back fast. However you can lose a pound a day if you seriously seriously dieted, I mean cut out bread, dairy, sugars and pretty much only ate salad which is not healthy. The best diet ive seen work is a light breakfast, yogurt with fruit, a sandwich for lunch and pasta for dinner with veggies. No pizza, no burgers, pretty much no red meat, chicken and turkey is the best way to go. Cant eat anything deep fried. It is healthy, you get your protein and you can lose the weight fast however you will gain the weight back if you go off the diet.
I think LizardKing's suggestion of a diet/exercise log is a good idea

Best Answer

I took leptapril from off the tv and it worked great. I got it @ wal-mart.and It doesnt make you jittery.

Best Answer

how much did u lose

Best Answer

I lost 23 pounds and it just fell off its been really good I'm a junk food person so I cut back on those and because I wasnt jittery I felt ok about it. When I take something that makes you jittery I become the biggest ***** they just make me be in an ill mood thats why I dont take those kind of pills. Noone would want to be near me. lol I'm a sweet person but those pills make me say things that I usually wouldnt say... Try those out you might get some results like I did...

Best Answer

thanks! how long did it take to lose it?

Best Answer

about 3 months I did walk and that helped. I tried to break a sweat everyday.

Best Answer

Oatmeal and walnuts helped me

Best Answer

how many lbs did you shed

Best Answer

10 in a month

Best Answer

good stuff

Best Answer

GNC lean shake, one for breakfast and one for lunch and healthy dinner ( no pork or beef for dinner) <br />
Run and a fat burner supplement but ask your doctor first<br />
The shakes taste really good too

Best Answer

do you take snakes or fruit inbtwn shakes or absolutely nothing?

Best Answer

Only shakes and lots of water. Make sure you have a glass of water right after a shake. If you do get hunger have a banana or apple or both

Best Answer

sounds great. I'll definitely look into these. how effective are they, meaning how much weight can I lose in 2 months?

Best Answer

I did the elliptical every day for about two hours a day and lost over 25 pounds.

Best Answer

how quick did you lose the 25lbs? and did you do 5 days a week or 7?

Best Answer

I did it 5 days a week, and reduced my portion sizes. I lost 25 pounds in about 3 months. But I have an endocrine disorder that makes my weight loss EXTREMELY slow, so if you have a normal system, you might lose even faster.

Best Answer

Thanks for the sound advice. I appreciate it.
I may or may not have normal system haha I'll just have to find out. Ive been gaining weight from stress and I have an extremely slow metabolism. but I'll work it out.

Best Answer