I'm not American so I can only follow his career so much and I just can't understand all the angst towards him . If someone could explain it to me I'd be grateful . To the point would be much appreciated as I don't know all the ins and outs of your system .
certifiable certifiable 70+, F 23 Answers Apr 26, 2011

Many of the troubles in America go back to the original invasion of the Americas, the subjugation of the first inhabitants, slavery, the civil war and the rise of capitalism. Today, in the midst of a financial crisis, a relatively uninformed population feels insecure and the culture of greed that now defines the United States has come to the fore. Any leader who promotes a redistribution of wealth through aggressive social programs is bound to be seen by many as a threat to the traditional way of life. The answer to your question, the way I see it at least, is, whether Obama is right or wrong, he has done nothing to deserve such treatment, it is only the natural reaction of a failing nation to a concerted attempt to save the situation.<br />
EDIT: No, they don't see that because they have received most lessons in life, as many of us have, from commercial television. Unfortunately many Americans have little other training that prepares them to become voters or even persons of substance.

Best Answer

Do they not see it was G W Bush who created the current financial problems and he just took over at a bad time .

Best Answer

Hence the Electoral College.......

Best Answer

Because he is ruining our country. Gas has gone up 400% while he is in office and just now appointed a team to investigate.<br />
Our Deficit has doubled with him in office, and he can not control his spending.<br />
I was all for Change when he was elected, now I need to raid the change jar to buy Gas.

Best Answer

Our former leaders had record surpluses , what's the point in having so much surplus when your country needs fixing .<br />Gas has gone up everywhere .

Best Answer

400%? Get out the calculator. And how does the president control the price of global oil and the price of gas in the U.S.? You do believe in free market capitalism, U.S. style? Ya think the fact that citizens in areas with exploding economies with hundred of millions of people (and potential drivers) like China and India might have something to do with it? And wrong again. The deficit has gone up but not doubled. If you also recall, there are idiotic wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, needless and stupidly started by Obama's predecessor, that need to be funded. And if not for the financial bailout and stimulus package our economy today would be wrecked with hundreds of thousands of employees (GM, AIG, etc.) on the streets.
Second term!

Best Answer

It doesn't matter what we write here, as it won't change your opinion - but since you asked.<br />
1) Shutting down domestic gas production, which is directly responsible for our current gas prices and which will lead to gas prices in the $6 range by end of the summer.<br />
2) Stocking the labor department with a bunch of union thugs - thereby crippling a recovery since few corporations want to expand operations in the United States.<br />
3) Putting out 10's of billions of dollars in tax breaks for corporations as part of the "stimulous" then whining when the corporations took advantage of the tax breaks.<br />
4) Recognizing every moslem holiday and union holiday (like Cesear Chavez day) with proclamations, but ignoring Easter. <br />
6) Spending a trillion dollars on stimulous packages and winding up with an increase in unemployment while saddling every American family with $12K more in debt per person.<br />
7) Whining about how its all George Bushes fault even though his party ran the house, senate and Presidency for 20 months and didn't do anything.<br />
8) His VP - a guy who makes Dan Quayle look like a Rhodes Scholar.<br />
9) Obamacare - which most of us will never see the benefits from. (Mark my words- it will be means tested and anyone who makes enough to pay taxes will end up paying for healthcare anyway.)<br />
10) Hiding all of his college transc<x>ripts and even his birth certificate . Why the secrets there Barry?

Best Answer

While he was running for office, he said he was going to "fundamentally change" this country. Well, that change has been for the worst and he's running this country into bankruptcy faster than any president before him. The so-called 'stimulus' money was used to funnel Billions of unaccounted for $$$ to selected individuals and groups. No wonder his approval numbers are falling like a rock.

Best Answer

Nothing. That's the problem. He hasn't made any really smart moves. And NO It has nothing to do with Indians, slavery, the Civil War. Give me a break. What do the Indians and slavery have to do with Obama's actions today. You're on crack if you think any of that bears any possibility of our non economy.

Best Answer

He didn't create the situation he found him self in . All I can see is he's making the best of a bad situation.

Best Answer

He's the president; every president is hated by at least 20% of the population, usually more, especially when the economy is down (worse than in most of the Bush years). Not being Bush is an improvement, and was enough to get him elected, but eventually that won't be good enough, especially when he is oh so similar in many of his policies.

Best Answer

I think he's done a fine job considering the position may be the most difficult and high profile on the planet. The U.S. economy today has bounced back from the days of President Obama's predecessor and seems to be thriving from several measures. I don't understand why he's a lightning rod for the right wing nuts and the uneducated (even a successful entrepreneur like Donald Trump calls out the inane and repudiated "birther" argument). There must be a deep-seeded hatred and there probably is some validity to the previous poster's point that President Obama, a seemingly good man, is black and has a moslem name. Sad.

Best Answer

I agree it's very sad and I'm glad some are intelligent enough to see the truth.

Best Answer

He isn't hated more than any other president...

Best Answer

Yeah but I could see why some of the others were hated , with him I just don't get it .<br />He's smart ,articulate and has many great ideas.

Best Answer

He's a black man with an arab sounding name.

Best Answer

I was afraid that that may be a factor to it . I guess I gave Americans more credit and thanks for being honest .

Best Answer

Obama jammed through health care.......and we can't afford it. He has started another war in Libya.....he jammed the stimulus bill down our throat and said unemployment wouldn't go above 8%. It's still above 8%. We're running 1.6 trillion dollars in deficit..........this isn't change we can believe in. We're going to have economic collapse because of the failures of Bush, Greenspan, Obama, and Bernanke.

Best Answer

He didn't fix everything overnight like he never said he would.

Best Answer

totally agree

Best Answer

It's the beauty of living in America. No matter who is president he or she will be hated by some, mostly due to difference of opinion that some people take to much to hate. Bush was hated for people's differences of opinion and so it is the same for Obama. Is there an leader of any country who is 100 percent liked?

Best Answer

I just disagree with the insurance issue. I mean you have people who can barely afford to have insurance at all. You almost have to starve to have insurance. Also from what I hear if you do not have insurance by 2014, you will be charged a fine. COME ON that is some major bulls$##

Best Answer

We all want his wife and he stands in our way !<br />
Isn't it obvious.<br />
I ,as an American,would like president which is gay.

Best Answer

Didn't realise that the former Yugoslavia was now an American state

Best Answer

wasn't he supposed to have FULL accountability for all the bail out money and he didnt follow thru.....remember the CEO who said " I really couldnt tell you what happened to that 1 1/2 billion?" and nothing happened....so there is still 750 billion more to be accounted for ? I am still waiting for him to fulfill his promise...kind of ****** me off that he is such a crook

Best Answer

I hate to admit it, but the sad truth is that there are a lot of people here in the US who have issues with race. I do not, but I do have issues with empty promises, outright lies, an extension of the US being the police force of the world, sending troops into harm's way for the expansion of corporate interests while we have our own issues here at home like homeless and mentally and physically handicapped veterans, a southern border that illegal immigrants and drug smugglers cross daily with little or nothing to stop them. Need I go on? He is the same sort of crooked politician that works for corporate lobbyists interests that we have been stuck with here in the US since the 1940's and the privatization of our Federal Reserve Bank. The only difference is the obvious. Wherever you are, if your country's leadership were slowly chipping away at family and national sovereignty I am sure you would feel the same

Best Answer

The most direct and honest answer, as much as it pains me to write it, and as someone else wrote, is that he is a black man with an arab-sounding name. People will talk about his policies, his spending, and other perceived and real shortcomings, but unfortunately the most vitriolic comments have their origin in racism. Remember, it has only been since the 1960s in the South that black people have been able to fully exercise their right to vote, and many people still living in the US grew up with the reality of segregation. The economic woes the country is experiencing have exacerbated the situation, and fear for the future gives voice to these basically racist negative views of President Obama. Most people in the US are woefully uninformed about basic history, economics, science, etc. and get their information from TV pundits, if they get any news at all. The consequence is that many people are able to (and in fact are encouraged to) believe things that aren't supportable by easily discernable facts. For example, President Reagan is revered by the right-wing as a fiscal conservative, although it is a fact that his smallest budget deficit was larger than President Carter's largest, and the national debt grew considerably under Reagan's presidency. Obama's first budget deficit was less than Bush's last, not by much, but it did show improvement. You'd never know that from watching the news. The hatred for Obama will outlast his presidency, no matter what he is able to accomplish while in office.

Best Answer

Just like god, it is easier to blame the man on top, rather than doing something about the issue.

Best Answer