Traceytee Traceytee 36-40, F 13 Answers Sep 2, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

It's a diet book. What more do you expect?

Best Answer

True, but I have also heard this elsewhere...

Best Answer

It's a terrible thing to say. People are douchey.

Best Answer

I think so too

Best Answer

Must mean the author's choice of women.. don't believe eveything you read.. <br />
What about the over weight men? just a thought there for ya

Best Answer

This is true, funny I hadnt thought of that.

Best Answer

I would definitely THROW THAT BOOK away. You can always watch what you eat and exercise, but what is in your heart is far more important. If someone doesn't want you for who you are you will be seeking approval from people the rest of your life. Weight goes up and down with most people throughout their lives and should not play any part where true love is concerned. I have a relative (a very close one) who has weight on her and just recently married a guy with no children although she has three from a very poor first marriage and now pregant with his first. He absolutely adores her and she has a contagious smile and a great outlook on life and is determined people will like her for what and who she is. That is where self-confidence comes in. If you are looking for any self help books, I would try some inspirational confidence building ones and you can always cut down on the red meats, carbs and junk foods if you eat them with a rapid (at least 30) minute walk every day (weather permitting) early a.m. and that will give you an uplift for the rest of your day. Otherwise, you can just dance to some music from a favorite C.D. by yourself or from T.V. from your favorite music channels. By the way, this is not someone I know with just a FEW extra pounds. Fruits and vegetables are great in-betweeners. I don't eat a lot of junk foods, but I do love a chunk of dark chocolate ocassionally. I also will eat regular potato chips (but not often) and only a handful. You don't have to shirk on everything or you will only crave more so just lower the amounts of everything and balance it with good fill-ins. Yogurt with real fruit or the newer and better Greek yogurts are great for a snack. If you are basically a loving and caring person, I would say you have a better start than most, because thinner does not necessarily make someone nicer and also harder to change while a great personality is far more attractive especially when you feel good about yourself and some pounds off still leaves you with a great personality and heart.

Best Answer

You are amazing, thanks so much. I feel like your comment just answered more questions than one. I have MAJOR self esteem issues they have gotten worse over the years. I have been with the aame person for 13 years on and off and never felt good enough. He is very self consious over his body and the type of women he finds attractive are nothing like me. (a little overweight) I think he loves me but never wanted to commit because I am not up to his standards. He has actually told me that he would propose if i lost all my weight. I just feel like he is holdig out for a woman that is like me on the inside but not like me on the outside. I am going to revisit your comment from time to time so I can remind myself of the things you said, they make a whole lot of sense. Thank you so much :)

Best Answer

You're welcome. Sounds like he's projecting his issues on to you. Ask yourself is he truly up to YOUR standards? Nothing's worse than being in a marrage by yourself.

Best Answer

If youre in love who looks at the scales..?

Best Answer

Only a dog wants a bone...What I meant is that I wholeheartedly agree with what most others are saying here. Throw the diet book away. Find out what your natural weight is and stick with that instead of relying on a bunch of experts who don't know anything about you and are out to make a buck. Look at all those diet ads, books, pills and other things which tear down self-esteem on a daily basis. No one can predict who's going to love whom.

Best Answer

I dont even want to know what you mean by that...

Best Answer

PSConfidence and a smile are the biggest attractions in my informal poll. I've not had a problem attracting attention even when I don't want it. It's critical in my line of work.

Best Answer

Actually, the book is correct in a way. There are chubby chasing men, but most men are attracted to a specific hip to waist ratio (this is scientific stuff). Overweight women often don't have this hip to waist ratio so it is often more difficult for them to date and marry than for women who are more physically fit.

Best Answer

Lol. That's ridiculously funny. To each his own

Best Answer

I suppose

Best Answer

We've all got bagage.

Best Answer

Amen to that

Best Answer

*shrugs*

Best Answer

*hugs* r better :P

Best Answer