its driving me mad , my son has lost all his mates they all dislike her cause she causes trouble , she has caused trouble in our family , my son has change4d for the worse since being with her. he did finish with her then she took an overdose and he went running back. Thank you to everyone who answered this question you have all given me alot to think about. I dont think i have been dealing with this situation very good but i have a better understanding of where i am going wrong thank you for all of your comments it really does help to look at the situation from many perspectives.
amandajackson amandajackson 36-40, F 21 Answers Mar 9, 2011

My mother hated my girlfriend when I was a senior in HS. It didn't matter, I still dated her. But what did matter was that I had been brought up in a way that eventually I saw her for what she was. I think it was better that I found out that way than to have been forced to not see her. The point being, that the ability to make good judgments comes from years of the right guidance.

Best Answer

Convincing him of the bad relationship would mean convincing a teen to put his mind before his emotions. nearly impossible to do, but if you try hard enough, you might help him see how even though he has deep feelings for being close with a girl, that this girl is causing him problems he can't accept.

I was with a girl who wasn't right for me either. My parents hated her, but I had to learn the hard way too. I just didn't make the mistake of marrying or impregnating her. Though I was stupid enough to move out with her and rack up the debt. Glad that's over though.

Best Answer

There is nothing you can do. You know that if you criticize her to him you'll probably send him running to her. You gotta deal with it on your own.

Best Answer

hay! i am not trouble... i could be... just kiddin' lol

don't force him but help him to see wht you've seen n good luck

Best Answer

Your son will figure it out eventually. Since he's in his teens I doubt it will become anything serious out of high school. No worries- I'm not a mom (yet), but I can feel your pains. Sooner or later he'll ask himself where his friends and family are when she causes more trouble.

Best wishes!

Best Answer

You don't say how old your son is, but if he's a teenager the chances are that they will break up eventually.

You could try to make sure he is home for 'family time' without her, so you can influence him too, and casually talk to him about how you hope he will make the right choices in life/ what he hopes for in the future etc. Directly criticising his girlfriend might make him want to stay with her more, but if he re-evaluates his choices he might think it's his own idea to break up with her.

Best Answer

my sons girlfriend is a drug addict she stole all my jewelry and money and my son forgives her telling me it was the drugs she is no good she doesn't work and she has him wrapped around her finger i want him to brake up with her because she leading him down the same path as her what should i do he is 29 and i don't know what to do about this

Best Answer

daytime tv show seeking a mom who dislikes son's girlfriend, but is ready to make amends. email for details. TVProducer7459@yahoo.com.

Best Answer

tell him of your consern in front of in a nice way and say that you would like the three of you to start therapy together. there you can show him that he will end up liveing in prison or a mental hospital with her and set up a sample run so they can find out what that is like.

Best Answer

I have a son but I am letting him grow up. She makes him happy. You will lose. They may not work out and he will not forgive you. Or they will stay together and u won't see your grandkids. She will have all the power. Invest in her. See what he sees.

Best Answer

I don't like my son in fact I hate the son of *****.

Best Answer

Good luck pointing out faults and other things will only push him away, just pray he eventualy sees what you see.

Best Answer

Tell him why she brings out his worst and explain how she has caused trouble for your family.

Best Answer

All you can do is wait. He will make more stupid decisions as he gets older. Your job assignment as of now as mother is to wait and collect the pieces after wards over home made pancakes when the B*** finally dumps him or ODs.

Best Answer

be there to support him when the crash comes we all have to learn

Best Answer

You can comfort yourself with the thought that most relationships, especially among the young, do not last. If he is very young, you might try forbidding him to see her but that usually doesn't work, especially if the kid is over the age of 13. Remember that the more you lecture him, the more he will cling to her and the less likely he is to tell you if she is giving him any trouble. When people are in an affair of which their family doesn't approve, they often wait much longer to break up because, along with the heartbreak of the breakup, they have to face their parents and feel humiliated. Be friendly to him, don't talk about her, and if you are patient, there's a good chance they will break up.

She sounds manipulative. Does you son understand that? He will if he doesn't already. Hang in there.

Best Answer

Give her hell.

Best Answer

Every mother's nightmare. I'd work like hell to move him where she can't get at him and before the stork pays a visit. Do you have relatives on the other side of the country?

Best Answer

Ugh.... Just pray that he doesn't marry this girl... Hopefully he will wake up and see this relationship is toxic, however you or your family can't push him off the edge , let things be and let the cards fall where they must. If I were you I wouldn't be civil , but I wouldn't talk to him about her, dont say bad things about her, because it will only get him more upset. Once he sees how he doesn't really have anyone to turn too, hopefully he will come around.

I wish you luck!

Magic25

Best Answer