I will flip between the HD channel and the regular channel and honestly cant see that much of a difference. It a bit sharper but that's all....to my eyes anyway.
SummerCass SummerCass 41-45, F 15 Answers Jul 1, 2012

I think it is too clear now. You can see the pimples on the actors face.

Best Answer

"Look at that picture! It's so crystal clear! It's soooooooooo sharp!" I hear those things from people around me all the time. I'm with you, I don't see much difference at all.

Best Answer

HD does have a higher quality of picture, but you need to make sure you using the right medium to show it. Popping a VHS into a VCR and just having and HD tv isn't going to produce any results.

Best Answer

i don't pay much attention any more. why wasn't 720p good enough?

Best Answer

i don't see much difference!

Best Answer

The signal ($ubsc<x>ription plan) and cables (HDMI) matter as well as the set... PBS is an easy target, if you're sorting things out still. But lo-res movie channels are not even DVD quality, even on an expensive TV.

Best Answer

The clarity! Oh my god...

Best Answer

I thought I was alone in not being able to see that difference ... everybody I know says it's such a huge difference ... maybe they've all been hypnotized or something and folks like you and me just can't be put under :)

Best Answer

I haven't noticed much, but probably 75% of what I watch was originally shot in lo-def.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

Cable companies charge you more for the upgrade too watch the same show

Best Answer

I mean in the quality of the picture.

Best Answer

The hd is clearer.. but who really wants that kid of detail on a persons nose hairs anyways

Best Answer

yes... it depends on what your looking at... a blue ray will really show you the difference.

Best Answer

We had a poor quality television that did not show the difference on our boat. Recently we hung a good TV up and when we turned it on WOW talk about a difference - the over the air signals the external antenna brought in bounced off the screen in HD and the result was amazing. We could literally see the pores in the skin of the people on TV and our eyes were glued to the screen. Yes there is a really big difference.

Best Answer