gunsnrose gunsnrose 18-21, F 19 Answers Dec 5, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Because you experienced sexual assault, you should become an advocate by helping and associating with other victims. <br />
You can make new friends who would support and/or relate to you because they and/or their loved one(s) were raped too.

Best Answer

Oh that is a hard thing to deal with. You will be less trusting of others, especially at first. <br />
However, try really hard to be ob<x>jective. Whoever raped you deserves to rot in hell, but that does not mean that every new potential friend is another rapist. If you get close to another BF, tell him ever so gently about the rape, at the right moment. If he's the right person for you, he will be very patient, caring, loving and understanding.<br />
Good luck, too, and I hope you are able to (in time) put the awful trauma behind you

Best Answer

kik me

Best Answer

Very hard if you raped somebody.

Best Answer

I can understand you becoming withdrawn after such a crime was committed against you, its so very natural. I think you have to give yourself as much time as you need, don't push yourself to become outgoing if you are not ready. Take it slowly, one day at a time, learn to trust people a little more and a little more as time passes. Allow a few friendships to blossom if and when YOU feel comfortable about it, it is best to allow you mind and soul to heal and gain strength...that way friendships will be able to happen in a most natural way. Stay brave :)

Best Answer

Thee only way to make new friends, is to start moving past the rape, n u have to try to b a LITTLE MORE outgoing....: )

Best Answer

I am not very fond of those captioned images you see around the net; trite and saccharine slogans over manipulative images, trying to offer something useful to discussions of real serious matters. But just a couple of days ago I did see one which rather stuck with me, and which I think has a genuine point - the caption was "You raped me, but I hate myself." That cannot be right, can it? It's simply unjust. Don't allow that to infect your life. And good luck.

Best Answer

So sorry to hear you were raped. After my rape, it took me a while to rwalize most people are not rapist. If you went to church to make friends, do that. If you talked to people at a bookstore (I do), do that. I wish you the best in your recovery, and just a word of advice; things get better from here.

Best Answer

Group Therapy.

Best Answer

You need to counter your rapist. So long as your rapist runs free, you really don't have a good emotional position to feel secure in yourself anymore unless you arm yourself with self defense classes to gain physical confidence again.

Best Answer

Build confidence within yourself... "Your not a viticm" He is at fault...

Best Answer

Do what you are doing right now by asking questions. Perhaps you may want short-term counseling to help get you through this rough patch. Then you can move onto greener pastures which are not fenced in. If you get my drift.

Best Answer

Therapy ... and satisfaction with the knowledge that you did everything possible to convict and sentence a predator to prison where he can't do to other women what he did to you.

Best Answer