For those with any experience, is there anything I can do tonight to keep it from being so bad in the morning? It's mostly in my right leg and hip.
Vessa Vessa 41-45, F 5 Answers Aug 13, 2012 in Health

I get tired and sore just from walking. I have Autoimmune liver disease so I cant take painkillers everyday. Sucks. Oh and I have daily swelling too.

Best Answer

I haven't found a med that is all that effective for my joint symptoms. I've been told that I have a tendency toward fatty liver. I wonder if the RA is tied in directly with liver ailments. maybe the key is in there somewhere.

Best Answer

I have very mild fatty liver as well. Hmm, something to think about.

Best Answer

I have osteoarthritis. Totally sucks. For tonight, and the morning relief take ibuprofen. At least 3, 200mg pills, WITH FOOD. You may need to take this daily....like 2 pills with supper or breakfast. It's an anti inflammatory and will help. And of course this is if you are generally well and are not on other meds. Just chat with your doc...they should be able to help you with this. I recently switched to Aleve per docs suggestion. But it's not as quick acting as ibu...more of an accumulative thing.

Best Answer

Mine seems to flare. Sometimes not so bad, but tonight I feel it kicking in. Still haven't been diagnosed, but I do have an appointment pending with a rheumatologist. I'm sorry to hear that you have this issue. Doesn't seem fair, among other things that have to be dealt with.

Best Answer

I chug along...there are worse things ;0) Not too long ago I did something to my shoulder. Holy Moley the pain! Sure made me feel like a whimp. The Aleve takes the edge off. If not better by end of this month, I'll go back to doc. He said a cortisone shot was probably next. I've never had one, but my mother has. Ugh...

Best Answer

don't know. check out the arthritis society web pages and contact a chapter in your area. they will likely be happy to share their coping strategies and treatment options.

Best Answer

I don't have rheumatoid arthritis, but I have pain sometimes doing hard work. I usually soak myself in warm/hot water with epsom salt and wintergreen alcohol..

Best Answer

Giving my legs a little rubdown as we speak....it's a pain in the butt getting older.

Best Answer

I hope you feel better..

Best Answer

I don't know what to tell you but I can relate to starting to develop arthritis - knees and ankles. Ahhhhh!

Best Answer

Yes. Totally surprised me. And it's annoying when you can't do your work without it flaring up.

Best Answer