The key is to set boundaries, those who need you deserve your help, but don't condition them to believe you are the magic solution to every problem.

Best Answer

I feel like I should get my PHD in counseling because that's all I do anymore is counsel. I do need to let them know I'm not the magic solution!

Best Answer

Of course, to let them know that you are not a 24/7 counseling requires some tact, some could feel very hurt, but the important thing is to communicate that you are in more or less the same boat as them, under roughly the same rigors and demands of everyone else in society. I was a pretty dependant person some years ago, and it took some explaining for me to understand common limitations in mental exertion that others go through.

Best Answer

same here... I never get my own issues fixed.. I'm always helping other people with their problems.. i like giving advice and helping people, but it starts to take a toll on you.

Best Answer

It sure does..

Best Answer

You must be sitting there listening to everybody's garbage...<br />
Learn more, "quick come-backs" and they'll leave you alone.

Best Answer

That is an amazing song! But for the question, I don't know..

Best Answer

No...you put you in the middle of it because you are a nice person and you care more for them than you do for yourself. <br />
It is not easy to learn how to take a firm stand but you can do it....refuse to allow yourself to be put in the middle....learn to recognize what gets you there and nip it in the bud....<br />
only problem is you cannot control their reactions.....they are probably NOT going to like you much.....at least that's been my experience. Up side I like not being in the middle of their strife.

Best Answer

Your soo right! Thank you!

Best Answer