I wanna 3D print some fractals so badly *_*
MathematicallyMindedFractal MathematicallyMindedFractal 16-17, F 3 Answers Jul 6 in Doing Good

Imagine them in your head, it's much cheaper that way.

Best Answer

I got access to a 3D printer at work. This one cost over £4000

Best Answer

Ya that's the thing. They're expensive. I don't want to have to go through shapeways to print something. Shapeways also loots. *_*

Best Answer

The materials are expensive to use as well.

Best Answer

Yeah. But I mean, I would think that a little bit of plastic wouldn't cost too much to melt o.o it's just a bit of extrusion. Plastic itself is cheaper than dirt *_*

Best Answer

o_o; It uses plastic, powders, resins and there are others like titanium, stainless steel, bronze, brass, silver and gold oh and ceramics

Best Answer

I know. But I mean, for what I WANT, just a normal plastic one, it's expensive o.o

Best Answer

<.< ...we could have let you use ours, we got loads of materials, over 50,000 worth

Best Answer

You have a 3D printing service?

Best Answer

we own the printer, well my boss does and i not sure about services as he uses it to make shapes for his business. He makes a lot of money from it so it may be possible.

Best Answer

o.o awesomeness.
How big can it print?

Best Answer

Well he makes statues like so ...possibly 5 foot tall I think.

Best Answer

HOLY SHITE O_O
I'mma certainly come to you guys when I decide to print the one I want that's 5 feet tall. xD

Right now, looking for something around 1-2 feet cube.
I wanna print a Menger sponge. xD

Best Answer

there a company in the next town that can literally print out a house. How mad is that.

Best Answer

*_*

****. Now once I'm all rich and all... I'mma print a house sized fractal... *_*
Where the hell would I put it, though? xDDD

Best Answer

In your manor obviously!

Best Answer

xDDDD "Why do you have a 14 foot tall fractal in your yard?" "Why DON'T you have one in yours?"

Best Answer

I wanna 3D print a gun, lol.

Best Answer