I'm kind of worried about it...It got in through a hole on the outside I think and now I keep hearing scratching in the ceiling, and I am worried that it will eventually scratch through the ceiling and get a hole in it! If it comes in my house, the cats would kill it, but there'd be a hole in my ceiling then and that would be a huge problem, and we rent too. Is it even possible for it to get through the ceiling? The scratching noise is bothering me, it just won't stop.
SummerWind18 SummerWind18 26-30, F 12 Answers Jan 14, 2011

rodents or most any other animal in the walls or ceiling of your home most certainly can chew/claw their way through. that is the least of your worries......you may not have a squirrel.....it could be a raccoon, an opossum, or any number of things that can cause a fire hazard by chewing on your electrical wires. Besides, you wouldn t want to expose your family or pets to a wild animal...call a professional to remove the animal (since you're renting, notify and landlord and have them contact the animal removal professional)

Best Answer

We once lived in a house and heard scratching sounds and the scurring about in the ceiling.This only happened at night.We too also thought that it might be Squirrels.Until we seen them one night, Big Giant Attic Rats. We had a couple of cats and they were terrified of them.We put out giant rat traps in the ceiling, but only managed to catch the babies.We eventually moved out.

Best Answer

Contact your landlord and tell him you believe squirrels have gotten in to the attic. They are very destructive, and he will want to do something about it.

Best Answer

Yes. That happened once to my parents. A squirrel got in through a vent and scratched a hole right into a bedroom. They took a block of plywood and covered the hole so it couldn't come all the way in and hired someone 'to take care of it'.

Best Answer

No it will not scratch through your ceiling. It is only scratching around at the insulation making a nest for itself an it's nasty lil parasite and diease ridden babies. You definitely need an exterminator and since you rent put it on the landlord for him to correct asap yesterday. Try an be a lil positive about it because it could be worse like bats, raccoons, opossums, rats or something worse.

Best Answer

If you are in a house. They have babies which get inside the walls and start running around. Go up into the attic and find the nest. Trap them and patch up the hole.

Best Answer

hire me and stuff me in the ceiling...i'm bigger than him..RIGHT???

Best Answer