My ex boyfriend is constantly on my mind. No matter how much I try to 'hate' him and keep pent up anger inside toward him, every so often...the good times we did have together start making me smile. But then I start getting that same gut wrenching feeling that I received the moment he broke up with me over the phone, and I start to think bad things about him again. Then I start thinking about all the females he tried to make me jealous with LESS than 2 weeks after our breakup. Which also makes me livid. Apart of me probably just wishes he'd own up to what he did to me, another part of me just wishes that we were still together. But realistically I feel that the break up happened for a reason, maybe to help me realize I need to not ever love someone more than I love myself. But I just don't know if I'll ever get over him. I probably sound like a kid, but I'm 26. He just had me so in love with him, he was literally my first true love. So I hate to think that I'll never heal
mrowe718 mrowe718 26-30, F 11 Answers Nov 24, 2012 in Broken Hearts & Betrayal

It's taken me over three years Hun and I still miss our time together sometimes but throughout it all there's been one thing in the back of my mind trust its gone .. And therefore there's no point ... Just let it happen one day you will come out on the other side .. Don't worry about how long it takes .. It don't really matter x

Best Answer

It takes time x

Best Answer

You're drawing the wrong conclusion. Loving someone more than yourself is the human condition. A better conclusion would be to keep an eye out for others like him so you can avoid a bad relationship of s similar type. This is true even if it was great and it ended by surprise. Don't worry. It's totally normal. I still miss my first love even though I haven't seen her in 27 years. It gets a LOT easier, I assure you - as time passes you can reminisce of why you loved him without feeling the pain anymore.

Best Answer

this made me feel alot better, thank you

Best Answer

My pleasure. I came here looking for validation and help mending a broken heart, and it's nice to be able to give as well.

Best Answer

Your story sounds very familiar to me. My husband lied and cheated his way through our marriage, the more successful (financially) he became, the worse his behaviour. Took me years to recover from the hurt he caused me. Like you I left with a lot of questions. "How could he do that to ME"? being the biggest one. I treated him so well, did everything I could and more for him. Put him first and myself last."How could I have been so wrong about a person"? So it took me years to recover, long story short. I wish him well, he was just being himself, will never change. I also had to grieve for what could have been, all my hopes and dreams of our future together gone. That takes time as well. You'll get past it, just takes time.

Best Answer

If You have doubts, then You know the right answer for sure!<br />
Look within.

Best Answer

go F a cute guy... you will feel much better!!

Best Answer

awww sorry that you're such a wh0re.
but I have morals. wh0res don't have feelings, unfortunately.

Best Answer

hard to be a ***** when you have been married for 17 yrs... he broke up w/ you over the phone, because he didn't want to see your ugly, fat a**!!!! you know he has a new PRETTY girl, move on..:) have a good day!!

Best Answer

this is exactly how i feel right now but the thing is even if i was loving myself would he still have hurt me to that degree?

Best Answer

I believe it would still hurt, but wouldn't have made me feel so worthless and used after the fact. But for the fact that I put all my eggs into one basket with him, I fell flat on my face when he broke up with me, because I literally made him my everything. He was my best friend, the only one I could confide in about how I felt, only shoulder I'd cry on when hurt, and the only one's advice I'd take or cared to listen to. He was the very last person on earth I'd expect to turn his back on me. So that's why it hurts me so much.

Best Answer