jessie14 jessie14 13-15, F 11 Answers Aug 1, 2012

You should get tested for it. It isn't a painful test but it will be able to determine if you are or not. Then you can work with a nutritionist to plan healthy meals and work on your weight.

Best Answer

Thirst

Best Answer

As a type 1 diabetic, I have to say that if you're wanting to lose weight diabetes probably isn't your problem. Before my diagnosis I dropped 12 pounds in about a month. Diabetes means that your body can't metabolize carbs, so you can't store any fat or anything.

Of course, I'm not type 2 and don't know much about it but I think that in that aspect type 1 and type 2 are pretty similar. If you're really worried about it I'd get it checked out or even just ask someone with a glucose monitor if you can use it to check your sugar...But I don't think it's very likely....

Best Answer

just take care and have your time,and if you dont mind i can help you cos i was once a cancer patient got healed recently and i hope samething can work for you

Best Answer

yea i dont think i can live with being a diabetic in highschool

Best Answer

yeah..i got someone who can help you just as my friend was cured from cancer.

Best Answer

family history of diabetic

normally eat/drink very sweety & salty food/drink

overweight

are the very basic clues..but

it is better and worth to see your family doctor, so he can send you for an examination (blood, urine tests) also, makes you less worry..

in the meantime, please read this too:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111225210613AAvZ2SL

Best Answer

all my family is diabetic except my dads side of the family

Best Answer

better to see your doctor soon!

Best Answer

the only way to know is to have your blood sugar/glucose tested. a dr or maybe even a pharmacist can do it for you. eating low carb is a good idea, and choose healthy whole grain carbs, like 100% whole wheat bread and pasta and brown rice, and keep the portions SMALL. Focus on vegetables, low fat protein, low fat dairy and small amounts of healthy nuts and beans. Berries and apples are good fruits for diabetes. Losing weight fast is never a good idea and will not be permanent. If you do have diabetes, you need to commit to a new lifestyle, not a diet.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Are........if u r diabetic u vl automatically loose weight jessie.

Best Answer

Sorry, that is not true at all. Diabetics have trouble losing weight, because of the way their body metabolised sugars of all kinds and storing them. It overloads the pancreas and eventually they may need insuline. There are several medications other than injections if one is able to eat right and lose some weight if they are over weight. A low carb diet is recommended for keeping blood sugars in balance and losing weight. See your doctor immediates and get the required blood tests and urinanalyse for proteins in the urine. I am a diabetic and my blood sugars are undercontrol without any insuline injections and two Glipizide tablets per day. One before breakfast and one before dinner. I keep a check on my sugar levels before and an hour after lunch and before bedtime.

Best Answer

K:(

Best Answer

Yes I think if its type 1 or 2 diabetes type 2 is usually middle aged overweight people like myself & it is a real battle to control weight even with diet exercise & med's but something you have to do to slow the illness down

Best Answer

Swim

Best Answer