klee62485 klee62485 26-30 12 Answers Apr 11, 2011

I don't thnk it's "tacky". Not like wearing a bra top to the grocery store would be.

But it would feel very strange to me if I had to make a marriage proposal. First, because I would hope that I'd be involved with a man who would take the initiative. Second, because that is the traditional way, and I'd be wondering how a woman should go about it....if I should get down on one knee, present a ring, etc. LOL The man proposing just feels right.

But there are times when women propose, and if that works for them, then I'm completely cool with it.

Best Answer

you are just saying that probably because you are female... it feels like you are putting a noose around your neck when you propose... be you male or female... so its great when a woman takes a noose and offers to hang herself

Best Answer

No. And if I was really really really sure she was the right one, I say yes in a heartbeat.

Best Answer

Wouldn't say tacky. Think it would be determined by the dynamics of a couples relationship anyway. Some men may prefer a women to take a more dominant role and be bowled over by receiving a marriage proposal!

Personally, I like a man who takes charge! Like strong minded men who take the initiative.

Best Answer

Being a man, I would be caught off guard if a woman proposed to me. But don't women feel the same way when a man proposes to them? I feel that if there is real love and she beats him to the punch, they will have something special...not to mention great stories for their kids :)

Best Answer

I do not think there is anything wrong with a woman proposing, but it must be for the right reasons.

If you think that this is the person you could spend the rest of your life with excluding all others, and you know the person you are proposing too well enough to expect them to say yes, then I say go for it.

Best Answer

I thought lesbians could get married now? Someone has to propose. :p

Seriously though I think it's kind of weird.

Best Answer

I am old fashioned... its way more romantic if the guy does it and at least you know its from his heart and he wants you - if he gets down on his knee and does the right thing and askes for parents permission for their daughters hand infront of you - like a real prince charming should do. they should ask the father for a girls hand in marriage and to take her out on a date, my sisters boyfriends did. but guys didn;t for me.

Best Answer

Neither one do I agree or disagree with ( A shotgun wedding when the father tells one how it's going to be is another issue altogether ) , Would it be the wedding or the funeral ?

Best Answer

Go for it. What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander!

Nothing tacky about commiting your love, to the person you love.

Best Answer

i agree with you fully mabe it is that we still believe in the old ways

in my opinion i think she asks because she is scared that there is another woman learking that he might be interested in

Best Answer