....how about you? those ppl are already striking bc of the treatment they receive and then walmart not only makes them leave family time to work, but they take away from the family time of customers.
foldedunfolding foldedunfolding 31-35, F 16 Answers Nov 19, 2012 in Hobbies

I hate walmart. I hope it dies.

Best Answer

it's like a 10-headed beast!!

Best Answer

lol. yup.

Best Answer

you think thats bad K mart is starting some of it at 6 am thursday

Best Answer

dayummm for realzzz

Best Answer

yea thats supose to be their door buster sales from 6 am to 4 pm than they start their next sale at was it 6 or 8 pm but anyway but than at 8 pm other places open up best buy does not open their door till midnight on black friday

Best Answer

I agree.<br />
However I think sales will be very high this year.<br />
All the people that have lost their homes, and had to move in with family...now have money to spend, since they don't have a mortgage.<br />
Seriously though, I really wish they'd quit adding rediculous hours.<br />
I worked in retail in a mall. <br />
I'd be there extra early.....no customers.<br />
Stay really late at night.....no customers.<br />
These stores could save money...and be 'green', if they didn't open such stupid hours.<br />
People are going to buy, what they're going to buy!<br />
Add to that...all those extra hours are doled out so no one goes over 30 hours, and gets healthcare, or time and a half.<br />
(In the past) My way of protesting this....I don't shop.<br />
Now I just can't afford it.<br />
I wish we would start getting back to family values.

Best Answer

DITTO GALORE

Best Answer

Consumerism has become disgusting. The holidays have become a deformed representation of qualities that no longer exist in how we celebrate. It's supposed to be a simple affair whereby you are given a day to be with family. Christmas too, fellowship and goodwill and all. We've let them sell us a downgraded version where instead of relaxing we all get bent out of shape trying to buy and prepare a day that's been sold to us via very clever marketing techniques. It's stressful and unpleasant for many. Heck, people even get physically hurt on a pretty regular basis what with all the goodwill pent up that is released on black friday, as our desire to obey the command to shop shop shop for the ones we love overwhelms our ability to THINK like human beings. God bless us, everyone.

Best Answer

such a great comment..you are tied for best answer!!

Best Answer

No one makes anyone work (or shop) at Walmart or anywhere else. If they have a problem with the way Walmart treats them, they should quit (or stop doing business there.)<br />
Businesses make decisions ba<x>sed on what is best for the company financially. If they fail .. no one will have a job.<br />
I think people should be happy they have a job in these times. There are plenty of people who would love those jobs. When you work in retail, you have to work all sorts of hours that aren't great .. you just learn to work around it.

Best Answer

Walmart does force people to shop there, by putting other businesses out of business. If Walmart failed, small towns could have small family-owned businesses again. Walmart has destroyed the heart and soul of America, its small towns and rural areas, all so a few people can be billionaires! Sam Walton will be remembered like Hitler!

Best Answer

well absolutely, and i of course see that side of it....but it just sucks for the families that have selfish members in them (which families dont) who would take the family time to go shopping.

Best Answer

I live in a medium sized town in IL. We have had a large Walmart store for years. We continue to have the same amount of businesses we had before. It also brought many jobs to the community and other stores have sprung up around them. It's not always a negative thing.

Best Answer

People in all industries have all sorts of hours which are unconventional. Families have been adjusting to those forever. You make it work .. if you want the job.

Best Answer

Ha ha, yeah you got a problem with your minimum wage job? Quit! Don't let them push you around, there's plenty of OTHER employers out there just dying to hire you.

Best Answer

I am from a small town in Illinois. Walmart totally destroyed the economy there, the downtown is a ghost town, buildings falling down. All the people who had their own businesses and owned homes and raised families have left or are working for minimum at Walmart!

Best Answer

It's a shame .. but independent small town living is becoming a thing of the past .. Walmart or not.
Sometimes things fail for a reason ... you can't have change when you're anchored in the past.

Best Answer

Well, the customers don't have to go. But, it makes good sense for corporate competition. Sad for the little people who work there. Or any retail place.

Best Answer

yeah i understand both sides, but i still find it sad

Best Answer

Doesn't that mean they employ more shift workers? The dream used to be that machines would do most of the work, so people would only have to work part-time and instead we have places where all the hours are taken by a few workers.

Best Answer

Walmart is pure greed-ba<x>sed evil!<br />
Please don't shop there! They hurt people!

Best Answer

it's very difficult not to shop there when you're poor, but i so see your point!

Best Answer

Wow...consumerism at it's finest, huh?

Best Answer

right!!

Best Answer

they should open up for Christmas shopping on Halloween...why wait?

Best Answer

lmao!!!! it just keeps getting earlier and earlier!

Best Answer

Easter is the next date they will try!

Best Answer

It's the kinder-gentler America of republican tinkle down economics. Give me back the good old days of socialist America when 1/3 of people belonged to unions and the wealthy paid twice as much. You know, the 1950s of Leave it to Beaver.

Best Answer

Right. So in this economy where people are losing jobs like crazy, we should be demonizing a company that is going to pay their employees at least time and a half for for working on a holiday. Let's close their doors instead, because driving the economy cannot be a good thing at this time. We shouldn't be spending money, we should be at home huddled with our families as we wait for the fiscal cliff to take us where we never wanted to go. Yeah. Let's do that instead. Because that sure beats getting paid or helping get our economy out of the cr@pper.

Best Answer

Does wal-mart pay time and a half? I know mcdonalds will be open and they don't pay time and a half. Just another working day.

Best Answer

I worked for a very successful TX retail chain for years and they always paid time and a half on holidays. My kids worked for a parks &amp; rec dept and they were paid double time. Regardless, in a time when companies are cutting back hours and forcing full timers to part time status to avoid penalties with obamacare I don't see why we should trash companies creating more working hours.

Best Answer

I don't think it's 'wrong' per say. This IS why we live in America. I just think it's odd that you're surprised by anything walmart does to grab a quick buck or cut costs. They are not a customer focussed business and yes while many of us are stuck in their cycle because they're cheap I don't know anyone who is under any sort of glorification that Walmart is anything other than a poorly managed greedy business. Maybe when Sam Walton was still invovled things tried to be different, but not anymore. <br />
Just keep thinking Rome and home something better rises from the ashes.

Best Answer