lannblanton lannblanton 41-45, F 8 Answers Aug 15, 2010

soooo tempted to write a smartass answer...but if true, this could be serious - take the dog to a vet asap.

Best Answer

More than likely the lighter will pass without a problem in a day or two. Feed him lots of fiber to get things moving faster.

Best Answer

if it was a zippo lighter , you can send your dog to the factory and they will retrieve the lighter for free :o)

for those taking this question and turning it into a judgment session....F OFF ! get a life.

Best Answer

Offer him a cigar

Best Answer

@plungesponge

I'm feeling you.....

@lannblanton

What kind of question is this? How old are you and who thought you would be able to take care of and handle having a pet? Do you take care of yourself? In case I wasn't clear, I am not being serious because this surely isn't a serious question?

I would be afraid the lighter would tear the dog's insides....how in the heck did he swallow it? What a crazy dog!! WTH was he thinking?

Best Answer

This is a very serious question!!! I don't smoke!!! My dog, which is a Goldendoodle, is a very expensive breed. I would not let anyone do anything around him that would harm him. He found the lighter in the yard and we got it away from him and layed it on the brick of the house, which we thought was to high for him to reach, until we could dispose of it. But he reached it. I am 43 Yrs old and very aware of how to take care of my dog!!! But thanks to everybody else that took this question seriously. He did not swallow the lighter, we found it in the yard after 5 hours of hunting it, hoping he hadn't swallowed it.

Best Answer

So what happened? What did you do?

Best Answer

Don't smoke around or expose dog to an open flame.

Best Answer