Up to this very day (I'm in my twenties now) I can vividly recall being at the doctors office with my mum and having to fill out a form asking questions like how many friends I have and having to complete some kind of task with this woman involving blocks. I then remember a male doctor telling my mum something along the lines that if someone were to tell me to go pick up the laundry, hang the laundry on the clothesline, take out the trash and then wash the dishes, apparently I would get to the laundry and be like what do I do? and I would be lost.. Sometimes, I feel like my parents may know something about me that I don't know related to this because I have this memory but I have no idea what it is. It sounds logically as though it would imply I simply have a bad memory but I can't help but ponder whether it may be more than that. Also, what would that have to do with how many friends I have and other questions that I had to answer on the form?
mariah89 mariah89 22-25 8 Answers Dec 26, 2012 in Health

I have read only the title and not the desc<x>ription and not the details.<br />
What's wrong is that you think there is something wrong with you. Make the best of things, that's all anyone can ever do anyway, for the rest after you simple deserve happiness.

Best Answer

I'm sure you don't have anything "wrong" with you. It's hard to guess what that experience you describe was all about but I got the impression a psych was just telling your mom you had difficulties focusing your attention (the first step in remembering things is to give your full attention, after all). Could've been ADHD like it seems practically every other kid supposedly has nowadays. If I were you I'd just ignore those past memories, but work on improving my attention span (and other memory-boosting skills), just in case.<br />
There's no harm in pursuing self-improvement, and you don't need to have something "wrong" with you in order to try it. :)

Best Answer

Sounds like it might be Autism Spectrum Disorder. Hard to say. Are you sure this is a real memory? False memories are more common than you might think. The important question is; Is it true? Do you have trouble completing a list of tasks from memory?<br />
Doctors, especially psychologists can be wrong. The doctor needs to look at your symptoms then basically guess at what's wrong with you. If you report body aches, coughing, fever, and sore throat the doctor is most likely to say you have the flu (because that is common) but you could have Bubonic Plague. That is unlikely to be caught and unless you report that you may have been exposed to it it's very unlikely to even be tested for (because Bubonic Plague is rare).<br />
Psychological disorders are even harder to diagnose because there is no reliable test for them. If you have Bubonic Plague a test will reveal the pathogen. Because most psychological disorders have no tell-tale signs it's harder to say you have ASD or ASAD or BD or you're just plane nuts.

Best Answer

From reading your question, you seem fine. <br />
Ask your parents about it.<br />
Some of it might be real (I remember taking similar tests, and doctor always ask parents if you have friends, etc), and part of it might be a dream?

Best Answer

You're old enough to see a doctor on your own, read your own reports, do your due diligents...<br />
Medical advice on EP is not what you need!

Best Answer

I would ask them about it. There is nothing wrong with you.

Best Answer

Your an adult now. Can't you ask your parents? If you think they know something, ask them.

Best Answer

I know your right, I guess I'm just kind of scared of the answer and having to acknowledge that there may be something wrong with me

Best Answer

AD D?

Best Answer

I never thought of that.. but at the same time wouldn't they have put me on medication for that?

Best Answer

some parents are against meds

Best Answer