No one listens to a lecture. They just tune out. If you really want to get your point across, speak softly and make good eye contact...unless of course someone is in danger.

Best Answer

When you explain something then normally you are open to talk about the subject by both sides . And you aren't mad and heated. When you lecture you are heated and it's your way or the hi way.

Best Answer

Sometimes parents get frustrated.

Best Answer

my thoughts are that if a parent is only yelling AT you, they are not hearing anything relevant that you have to say. Explaining something to your kids is more taking the time to communicate in an effective manner. Lectures reek of parents putting down their kids or ignoring what their kids may have to contribute to the conversation.

Best Answer

Ofc

Best Answer

Agreed

Best Answer

yes exactly

Best Answer

I suppose to explain something to your kids without lecturing, one needs a mutually interactive conversation.

Best Answer