She said that all my kids should be called, not just him. Can I handle my death the way I want?
Gipp Gipp 70+, M 8 Answers Aug 26 in Parenting & Family

My mother chose me as her executor. My sister, my only sibling, became enraged after Mom's death. She did her level best to remove me; failing that, she tried to force me to answer to her like a lackey. When that didn't work, either, she walked away from the entire estate. I'm holding my own, five years on, but I sure wish I had an ally. I want to lay my mother's ashes to rest, and I think her only other child should be there when it happens.

Best Answer

I would treat em all fairly

Best Answer

Stop with all the weird daughter questions

Best Answer

Hm... First I think all of the kids have a right to know at the same time or as close up to one an other...

Second yes it's your death so your decision, but your children will be the ones who have to love with it not you
So is there a real reason for her not to be called too? Or is it just you cutting her out? Cause then I have to ask you is that worth create ing a gap between your kids? Big enough that they probably won't be able to overcome it or if they do not before they're close to death?

It's your death and your decision but when you die it won't effect you any longer but them and your daughter simply pointed out that with your decision you'll be create ing hate...

Best Answer

You sure can. I would only offer that I hope he would start a phone tree when notified.

Best Answer

Tell all your kids..geezzzzzz

Best Answer

You are pretty old old school. Is there a real reason why someone can't call all the kids, even if the son is the "next on in control"? Where do you live, Pakistan? I'm my parents' executor, but if one dies, the other is not calling me and saying that, well, I'm the man now.

Best Answer

I did not understand you.

Best Answer

Really? Or is that you don't want to understand? Or is it that you are billymadisonj?

Best Answer

exactly..shes outta line needs to suck it up.

Best Answer

Right?

Best Answer

You aren't 70+. No one over seventy knows "right?"

Best Answer

I am 84 my dear. I am as wise as you are. I have a social life. I am computer savvy.
I programmed computers before you were born.

Best Answer

You programmed computers over 50 years ago? Yeah right...

Best Answer