does anyone else get sore fingers from shelling peas? i know most go commercial and have combines and big business in their plans. but i just am simple. sure everyone has a co-op to do the commercial work, but i just love growing food for my family.
nativegirllesbian nativegirllesbian 18-21, F 7 Answers Jul 8 in Food

shelling peas for the family who sits in the wigwam in the villiage as the older men drink whiskey like water.

Best Answer

Hi
That would be right my husband would be right with you on that one lol

Bio

Best Answer

oh wow now that is a condescending comment. thanks for your opinion that i am stupid and all us amerinds are drunks

Best Answer

Hi
You have taken what I wrote the wrong way. I am from Australia and you guys seem to take some of our remarks in ways not meant if any offense caused sorry

What I meant was my husband would agree we cook while the men drink

The remark was meant for Colemanus not you

Bio

Best Answer

Hi
What is an Amerind ? seriously first time heard the term

Bio

Best Answer

american indian. native american. like we lived here and had our own ways before eurotrash landed

Best Answer

Hi
Thanks never heard that term but I do understand they call people like me half casts but it does not bother me I have been insulted by experts

The University of life teaches us to rise above this stuff.
I have been through it all anything a person can be called I have worn it lol

Please keep in touch I can always ask your opinion if not sure of something.

Bio

Best Answer

now THAT is funny!! you have much more life experience than i do. i just know me my life.

Best Answer

You whine like a liberal, I did not say you were stupid...

Best Answer

what does whine like a liberal mean?

Best Answer

Make a statement more worse than it is read. Like if I said "Poca the indian girl ****** her white boyfriend." a Liberal would say that I saud all Indian women are ****** for the Whiteman.

Best Answer

Liberals make a statement worse than it says.

Best Answer

I would love to have a place for a large garden. I used to grow black-eyed peas & it wasn't enough so I'd buy a bushel and shell them & put them in the freezer. Home-grown veggies are the best.

Best Answer

Hi<br />
Never mind about shelling peas I end up by eating them before even cooked lol I love peas even if do find the odd maggot for protein.<br />
Bio

Best Answer

sorry do you use the pods or throw them I use the pods

Best Answer

i do use about half of the pods i mulch the rest. pea pods are a wonderful starter stock for soup. but then i strain and use the solids as bedding for my weakness.
i love having jasmine and other flowers growing around my windows. i love just leaving the windows open at night and well it relaxes me.

Best Answer

Hi
I love the Jasmine too but the white smells stronger than the Pink Jasmine.
So I prefer the white Jasmine.

Lily of the valley is another favourite of mine too.

I use all my peelings and pods etc as a basis for stocks usually I just have one big stock making day and have heaps of nourishing stock when needed.

We make everything from scratch here within reason.

That is why I asked what you did with your stock.

Bio

Best Answer

Me too, I buy products from farms at the local supermarket

Best Answer

You sound like you have found a very happy place to be in .... Part of me envies you, part of me wonders what you may be missing .... The age old question ... In the meantime ... Enjoy!

Best Answer

i have to laugh i dont feel i am missing anything. welll i do miss my mom, but thats cause i never knew her. but i do love my life

Best Answer

In sorry about not getting to know your mom ... Yet! Life has a strange way of catching up with itself. :) ... And you sound happy, do well done you! It's often the simplest things that bring us joy

Best Answer

I once looted crops and fruits on a postgrad trip I took 3 years ago. i was in heaven in those chick pea, english cabbage, rock melon asparagus farms and apple, grapes, cinamon, passionfruit, and orange orchids !

Best Answer

uh looted? as in stole from people?

Best Answer

yup i stole while they looked on from amongst their abundant supply of crops and fruits. They found it funny and I wasnt alone in doing so. My other classmates loved the looting too !

Best Answer

oh? well it isnt stealing if they werent trying to pay taxes and keep their land. and that wasnt the only way for them to do it

Best Answer

actually it was acres and acres of farmed land dedicated to research projects related to genetics and plant breeding. i was especially fascinated with a yay high (32cm) orange plant heavily ladden with ripe oranges !

Best Answer

oh ok i dont grow gmo seeds. no pesticides or chemical fertilizers. just seeds and shoots that have been passed down to well i guess just me.

Best Answer

that sounds better than living in this smog filled **** hole called a city

Best Answer