428674han 428674han 22-25, M 10 Answers Sep 24, 2012 in Work

Nothing WRONG wth that, but find ANOTHER job FIRST

Best Answer

That is a hard one to answer, in the end it will have to be you that makes the decision. I am seventy one years old, going strong, retired, and still doing a lot of work. I have had so many jobs I do not remember them all (and that is true) . From hauling hay, cutting logs, licensed boiler operator, truck driver and owner operator, and the list goes on and on, the point is, I still do not know what I would like to do. I had fun at most of my jobs, hated some, but always made a living and supported my family; making sure to take time for them. You are takling about travling, that will take a chunk of money, you say you have no responsibilities, but actually you do. "No one is an island to himself" Good luck on your decision, what ever you do , give it your best.

Best Answer

I work overseas, away from my families and friends. Although most of them are proud of what i have achieved it doesn't make me feel fulfilled or anything. i am miserable with my ever boring job. I feel like i have deprived myself of happiness everyday. I can travel in a very tight budget possible and get any part time job possible while travelling. I have read from the people about my age about doing what i really love and pursue my dreams not driven by society. Most of them suggests to quit my job be wild and free. That's why i wanna what the people your age would think about that..

Best Answer

*i wanna know what the people your age would think about that

Best Answer

One mistake people about jobs are, that they seek the one that pays the most. I don't care how much money you have, if you are miserable then the money is doing you no good. And that is based on the fact that I believe all people want to be happy, just do not be conned into believeing that money will do the job for you. I am not against being rich or well off, I just know that will not bring happines in itself. There is the story of the man that left his wife and children to go look for gold. After many years he returned home broke to find his wife an old woman, his children grown and gone from home. One day digging around he found gold in his own backyard. The best advice I know to give you is to always be honest with yourself, there is no shame in pursuring a dream. I went to Indiana many years ago during the construction of the first interstates to make my fortune. I had to borrow money to get back home, but that never stopped my next adventure. Follow your heart.

Best Answer

Your best course is to keep your options open - don't quit a job just because you are bored with it.I know that work boredom can set in much more quickly when you are in your 20s,but all jobs,no matter what,are boring at times.Check out other jobs,in other fields;that will give you an insight into a career you may prefer.As for travel,that is always great to do - but it is always good to have a job,a source of income,to come back to.

Best Answer

Take a chance if you can---nothing is worse than wondering 'what if'---you have youth and courage on your side. I think something is calling you.

Best Answer

Thank you for that. Im excited to know about my true calling.

Best Answer

No...it is a bad idea to quit a job just to travel around and decide what you want to do. Unless you have some major money tucked away. Your resources will disolve quickly with no income. But on the flip side...a smart person gets a job they like.

Best Answer