kittyanthony kittyanthony 22-25, M 6 Answers Nov 16, 2012 in Personality Disorder

It doesn't have to be aspergers, maybe you just have a social skills deficit, which usually happens along several other syndromes.<br />
Also, you say you had good friends in High School?? Then it's unlikely you are an Aspie. Asperger's is a pervasive developmental disorder. It would have been soooooo noticeable since you were little. You would have never had friends in either High School or Middle School or at nearly any point in your life if you were a real aspie, trust me on that one. <br />
Getting a diagnose helps your PEACE OF MIND only, because it points a direction for you to start seeking the right kind of help,and doing the right kind of thing to improve your symptoms.<br />
HOWEVER for you to actually and really improve at all, you don't even need a diagnose. You just need to... identify your symptoms and just start working on them. That's it. A diagnose will not bring a magical cure or anything. You need to help yourself with or whthout a diagnose.<br />
I do know very well what I'm talking about, it's not just an uninformed or uneducated opinion.

Best Answer

If you are still in school there are programs that can get you evaluated without money. Because it effects your ability to learn. The school should have the resources and information. Have your parents talk to the school, or if they won't then see your counseler. You can be helped, without having to pay, or at least evaulated so you can find out if you do have it, or maybe there is another problem that to can be helped. good luck

Best Answer

thats the point im not in school im 22 i didnt pass high school or pass most of elementry i had issues but i didnt know anything about aspis so i didnt know and my family all ignored me all my life so they wouldnt know or question my failing... so i struggle alone all my life and i had close friends in high school but hten they realize how i didn't grow up or how annoying i am so they all left i want a program to help adults like me...

Best Answer

Ok, there are still resources that can help you.Look on line and find Aspergers society, or a common link, there you will find other people who can help you find answers to your questions. My heart goes out to you, and I hope you let us know how you are doing.You can learn how to cope with this, I am sorry you are alone, it is alot for a young person to deal with. We'll all be thinking of you...

Best Answer

I thought I had aspergers and I finally got diagnosed as a "mild aspie"<br />
And it's the whole nature vs nurture?<br />
because I'm still not sure if it's from being neglected (environmental) or if it's true aspergers (biological)? <br />
either way just practicing social skills helps.<br />
Having the diagnoses is very validating. <br />
You could just save money and wait until JUNE...with the new revision on the DMV it's going to be different anyways.

Best Answer

why do you think you arr an aspie, and how would your life change if you were?

Best Answer

maybe help? i cant keep a job and i have most symptons and i have no friends i want help like maybe classes to imrpove me? no money no help you know?

Best Answer

Autism Spectrum Disorders isn't really something you can easily diagnose especially on your own, if you're worried look into community health resources

Best Answer

i didnt i just said i wanna get tested i saw the symptons and i had all that in my life and struggle all my life so i want to get tested but i dont know how and no money and if you know a free way tell me please im suffering for help

Best Answer

I see what you're saying, and really feel for your situation all I mean is unless you know for sure you shouldn't jump to conclusions about it. Way too many people who aren't professionals read about something and think they have it. I'd say one place to get more resources is to ask a reference librarian at the public library.

Best Answer

Weed !!

Best Answer