Does playing basket ball increases height and i am sure my growth plates re not fused.i decided to play basketball to reach 6 feet.is it possible??as u knw genetics dont play a major role.playing 30min a day is enough or needed more??i heard it increses height by 6 inches before 20..so pls help me..whether basket ball increases height or not??
hellboys hellboys 16-17, M 12 Answers May 2, 2012

you are only 16 and you will grow taller. genetics do play a major role in your height. read up on it lol.<br />
don't do surgeries, its stupid. 172cm is high enough, especially for a guy.

Best Answer

Will u suggest herbal products??

Best Answer

look, I do get that being a teenager is hard on its own. I also get that at this age you think things like your height is super important. But your height is ok, 172cm for a guy is very good. Genetics play a big role, a huge role in your height, so unless one of your parents is 6 feet, chances are, you probably won't be that high. Give it time. There's a big chance you will grow even higher over the next few years. As for surgeries, they're too painful and expensive, often have complications, and if something goes wrong... and they're just unnecessary, believe me. And those who will say some herbs or other bs will help you grow, they're lying. Just give it some time. I'm 159cm though I'm a girl. For a guy your height is good.

Best Answer

Ok..and thanks..

Best Answer

thanks for best answer :)

Best Answer

"as u knw genetics dont play a major role" <br />
lol this is BS, I remembered one of my friends said this to me when he was 6feet tall. he said the same thing like your height is not ba<x>se on your parent's height. LMAO he got a 6feet tall dad. <br />
I'm 5'8 and my dad is 5'6( probably in his prime he was around 5'7) <br />
How tall is your dad? mom?

Best Answer

Hey friend,my name is kunal pandey. But you should know that playing outdoors game is very important but there is also a role of pitituary gland.You know i love to play football,but my height little bit increase like in the age of 16,my height was 5' 7 inch like that.But after that suddenly in the age of 18,now my height has increased upto 5' 11.5,just 0.5 inches away from 6 feet.You know parents height are maximum 5'7 inches.So you are just a kid,don't loose any hope at this age........for my height increase i had done following things:drinks lots and lots of milk,playing football or cricket,sleep at-least 8 hours.So plz follow it.

Best Answer

Dude ! I'm 16 either.. I play basketball either.. But what helps me get taller is running and not holding a very weightly things !

Best Answer

You're stuck swimming in the gene pool you were given

Best Answer

I'm 20 years old and I'm 156cm in height .. about 5 feet and 1 inch -_-; I used to play basketball and volleyball, yet still so short... xD

Best Answer
Best Answer
Best Answer

nope. first you have to choose tall parents. oops, too late ;)

Best Answer