Roadguy Roadguy 26-30, M 7 Answers Dec 9, 2013 in Military

Seriously do your research and meet others before you join ... There's a lot the recruiter doesn't tell you .

Best Answer

Why??

Best Answer

Did 20 years, Vietnam and the whole thing. Parts of it (not Vietnam) was good for me. If you have the right mind set, it can be a good thing for you. If not, it's at least an experience that will help you grow.

Best Answer

So how was it like killing someone

Best Answer

Not good, not something to speak of.

Best Answer

Is all the good things worth it if I have to kill someone ,is that person/peoples death a small price to pay for the things I could gain ?

Best Answer

It isn't a trade off. In war you are defending yourself and your country, or another country. It is a matter of I die or that person dies. The act is a simple, logical (at the time) act. Later is affects you in ways I don't even want to talk about or remember. It isn't a trade, and a life's worth is immeasurable. however, the rest of it, it was fantastic. I got to go places, see things and meet people otherwise unavailable to a normal person. I got an education while in the service, earned a great living and retired with a pension that allowed me, 25 years and another career later, to retire with no money worries. It worked for me... doesn't work for everyone.

Best Answer

The Vietnam war was a bullshit war I'm glad the draft is over ,I think I'd rather go to prison then to join the army

Best Answer

Go

Best Answer

good

Best Answer