I cannot believe you not ask a question here without people getting mad. It interesting that people can give there answers like I was asking strange question but like at the site we are at
DAW2012 DAW2012 51-55, M 35 Answers Sep 3, 2011

This is posted in a parenting group, so I am going to assume it is a fair question about child discipline. Personally, I don't care for spankings. But, if a spanking is going to happen, then it is best given with the clothes on. This is not because of a pain factor, but when you remove their clothes, you add a humiliation factor into it. If however the child is already bare and has done something that you feel calls for a spank, it would be silly to go hunting for clothes to put on them before giving them a swat. Almost as bad as taking off the clothes they have on in order to spank them. <br />
Now, if you are talking about spanking as part of sex play, then I have no opinion about that whatsoever. It was never part of any relationship I had. The men who wanted to hit me weren't playing.

Best Answer

I love this answer so much. Why remove clothes? It makes them embarressed! But of course, if the kid is in the tub or something... why go hunt for clothes? Thats silly. Love this answer!! :)

Best Answer

Well some people get spanked on the underwear or some with pants and underwear down.

Best Answer

Slapping a bare butt stings the most and is most likely to cause redness. You'll notice that your hand will sting too, so the feeling is shared although a child's butt is more sensitive than an adult's hand so it hurts them more than it hurts you. However, the act of hitting your own child will cause more emotional pain to you than it will to the child. It's common for a parent to say to the child; "this hurts me more than it hurts you." How hard you hit and how you cup your hand will have an effect on how much pain it causes too. Cup it to follow the butt's curve and that will hurt like the dickens!<br />
Each la<x>yer of insulation you add (underwear, clothing, gloves, mittens, etc.) between your hand and the target butt reduces the pain and chance of causing redness. Too many la<x>yers turns out to do nothing more than produce a muffled thump with no pain and no redness. At that point there's no point in spanking them because it's effect will be naught.<br />
My dad used a leather belt on our bare fannies when we were teens, so that hurt a heck of a lot more. But after we hit a certain age, we simply stopped screaming and took the pain in stride. That's when my dad stopped hitting us. It was no longer useful to do so.<br />
Having said all that, I still wonder if it makes sense to spank a child. I was spanked so I think nothing of it. But I think about spanking my child when he makes me angry, and that may be because I was spanked as a child. If my parents used a different method, would I still be thinking about spanking my child rather than using some other method? Hmm.

Best Answer

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. Most of my spankings were on the bare hiney - usually by my mom with a fly swatter, ruler or hairbrush.

Best Answer

It really depends on what you are wearing. Most male clothes are thick enough that you can notice the difference. Having been spanked wearing thin nylon panties, I would say that there is no difference.<br />
But if you are punishing someone, it really should be done on the bare so you can see how much damage you are inflicting. After all, we do not want to cause permanent injury.

Best Answer

Interesting. I'd be keen to know what you are looking for to ensure no phsical damage occurs? What psychological damage assessment do you recommend?

Best Answer

there are two different types of spanking, and to simplify it I will just call them spanking adults and punishing children.
For assessing damage, the results are the same. You look for cuts and potential bruising. Both are possible even when you are just using your hand.
And this I think is a good reason for bare bottom spanking, if all you see are the clothes than it is easy to lose track of how much spanking you have done.
As far as psychological damage for punishing children, I think that the parent's (or even teacher's) attitude before and after the spanking is far more important than anything that would be done during the spanking.
Constant nagging, harping, and criticizing is far worse than a spanking in terms of psychological damage. Also not teaching a child that there are serious consequences for their actions causes a different kind of psychological damage.
I did not spank my children when they were growing up. I now wish I had spanked my son. But I also realize that it was an attitude that was given to him by my first wife and his teachers that is the cause of his problem today. It would have been better if I had spanked him.

Best Answer

If you were a female I would have shown you.

Best Answer

Underwear does not misbehave.

Best Answer

of coure bare bottom more painful.pain plus humiliation you get.my step mom usually will asked me to put my hand on my head.if not she will give extra spanking.then she take off my jeans and panties.and asked me to bend over the couch.she spank me with the belt until she see blue black or bruised then she will stop..

Best Answer

Your step mom took your pants and panties down and you were how old? did you ever say to her that you could do that yourself?

Best Answer

until i was 17 years old........yes but at the end i have been slap at my face many times..............

Best Answer

Well that was wrong I think that is really bad the bum is the place to be spanked. I mean what are you talking about you were slapped many times across the face like how many ?

Best Answer

it is more pain naked bare bum and also shamefull I am totaly against this

Best Answer

I don't understand why a bare bum spanking isn't considered assault

Best Answer

No it's not some people cannot feel a spanking on the pants so parents have them pull down their pants and it is more painful.

Best Answer

I was fairly bare bottom spank growing up. Yes, bare bottom spanking stings more also longer. Yes, a person remembers their bare bottom spankings longer,too! I tend to think, a bare bottom spanking offers the parent to visually check the hinney their smacking thus preventing bruising; not preventing reddness.

Best Answer

Depends. At high-school, I got paddled over thin gym shorts over a jock=strap. At home, I got paddled on the bare. With a regular paddle, it didn't make much of a difference. With a paddle with holes, then on the bare will raise a blister over the bruise and often break the skin

Best Answer

i have experienced that mostly from my father a few from my mother and once after 10 years old from my father i called him a terrible name and got smacked worse in the face that time up to 25 smacks hard it hurt bad and i was told to never disrespect grown ups again their repect from me was mandatory i owed it to them but desserved none back as i was considered very low on the family social scale so besides that i got emotional and verbal spankings too

Best Answer

bare skin spankings usually leave welts, which means the pain last a long time. obviously that is more painful,and shouldn't be done. the issue isn't pain, or shouldn't be, it is discipline.<br />
i agree with those who stated it is also much more emotional if bare skin. the purpose again is discipline, not humiliation.<br />
always spank with clothing on.

Best Answer

Why?

Best Answer

Yes, in addition, a parent can also judge when to stop!

Best Answer

How do you judge? What training courses are there available for parents to learn to do this so that no hazard occurs to the child? I'd presume while inexpert, you'd practice on your partner and vice-versa before using your "skills" on a small child?

Best Answer

My parents believed in 'spare the rod spoil the child' and my sibling and I had many spankings (fully clothed) and we grew up fine. I however have tried to always use the 'time out' method, 1 minute/age..(3 minutes for 3 year old etc) for older children I find that extra chores and taking away privileges works pretty well. Definately not sending a kid to their room...they love that! so much to do!

Best Answer

i never gave my kids a spanking i made them stand in the corner for 5 minutes then as they got older the time they had to spend in the corner went up but they are all good kids with kids of their own,but with me i always got spanked on my bare bottom my step dads and my real dad said it was to teach me a lesson but aftefr awhile i started to like being spanked so they stopped doing it now i have a friend who makes me take down my levis and he gives a good spanking every week.

Best Answer

I always got spanked bare and usually with a hairbrush it hurt I reckon it would hurt either way

Best Answer

I have no idea, I was never spanked as a child and was only smacked twice - and I grew up into a law abiding citizen with no hang ups and problems. Without kicking off a debate I'd say I don't believe in spanking etc as solving anything. Ok' maybe a lot of people do, but those are my views.

Best Answer

I don't like the idea of spanking on the bare butt... the only time I've ever done that is with my nephew when and he won't let me put his diaper on him. To pull the pants down and spank however I think seems a little sexually humiliating and I wouldn't suggest it.

Best Answer